11 - don't be a fool

ashton mackenzie

"Thank you for an amazing weekend, Princess."

"Well thank you for inviting me, Grey."

Greyson and I left the hotel about two hours ago. He and I stopped at a Denny's for breakfast around eleven, and then he brought me home, along with all of the clothes he bought me and one of his t-shirts that I was wearing.

I insisted that it was too much and he could keep them, or at least I could pay him for them. I don't have much, but I feel so guilty just letting him buy things for me.

But he said no, and that it was a gift from him. I really couldn't argue with him, though, so I accepted it.

When I tried to give him his shirt back, though, he told me to keep it and that it would just give him a reason to see me again.

He doesn't necessarily live near me, but it's not too far. Probably an hour drive max with traffic.

I told him we would have to plan something soon, but I'm not exactly sure if I want to yet, so that was my way of stalling from making plans right away.

"I'll text you soon," he says while handing me the rest of my clothes and things as we stand outside of my apartment door.

"Okay," I smile as he leans in to leave a kiss on my cheek, then moving to plant one on the corner of my mouth, making me blush a little bit.

"See you later, Princess."

Is it bad that nothing anyone calls me anymore feels as good as when Harry calls me Beautiful?

Yeah, definitely.

Greyson helps me open my apartment door and then lets me walk in before waving goodbye and heading down the hallway of my building.

I make my way into my bedroom and throw my pile of things onto my bed, not bothered enough to put everything away just yet.

Immediately get undressed and jump into the shower. I took a shower at the hotel this morning, but I still feel so gross and I need to fully wash my hair and put on my own, clean clothes.

It's not like I absolutely hate it when Grey calls me Princess, or babe, it's just hearing Harry call me Beautiful last night made my stomach flutter in an almost medically concerning way. Both times. It seemed like he regretted saying it, but I'm not sure why. I hope it's not because he thought it would make me feel weird, because it definitely didn't. But I also hope it's not because he doesn't think I'm beautiful and he just said it instinctively because he calls everyone that but then he realized once it came out of his mouth that it wasn't right to call me that--

My phone ringing on the counter of my bathroom stops my invasive thoughts and makes me peak my head out of my shower curtain to see who's calling me.

Incoming Call:

Drew Francis

Oh my god, I almost forgot Drew has Nova.

I texted him when I decided to stay for the wedding and told him I'd called my landlord and told her to give my spare key to him so he could go get Nova, or at least let her out and feed her a bit.

He was very happy to, which I was glad, because I really had no other option.

So now Nova is at Drew's house. And now that I think of it, I don't know how I didn't realize how empty the apartment feels without her. She doesn't take up much space, but her presence is still humongous.

I'm quick to rinse out the rest of my conditioner and then jump out of the shower, wrapping a towel around my body before I race to my phone on the counter right as the ringing stops.