26 - do you believe in magic?

ashton mackenzie

"Ope, too slow, Baby."

I'm going to kill Harry.

He's been teasing me since we got in the car, and I can't fucking take it.

It started before we even got in. I was about to open the car door when he grabbed my wrist and turned me around to face him, his hand coming up to grab my face. It all happened so quickly as he watched my lips like they were going to grow legs and walk off of my face. My heart was beating out of my ears when he looked into my eyes and whispered ever-so-quietly.

"Can I...." he licked his lips slowly, "get this for you?" he asked, rubbing his thumb on a spot on my chin instead of what I thought he was going to do-- what he knew I thought he was going to do. He couldn't even hide the smug look on his face when he did it, "oh, it was just a shadow."

And then he was gone, rushing to his side of the car and leaving me flustered and cold in the humid, after-rain air.

I tried to pretend like it didn't affect me, but this boy can read me like a fucking book.

He's done it twice more, gotten close to kissing me, and made me think he's about to ask, but pulled away each time. The fucker.

I'm regretting not letting him do it up at the apartment, but I wanted it to be cuter and more romantic than me blubbering like an idiot. Rambling has always been my worst trait.

"You're the worst," I pout at him playfully as he presses the gas to go past the traffic light that suddenly turned green right as I was about to permit him to kiss me. As if he has to take, like, a test first or something.

He glances at me for a second, and I can see the self-satisfied smile on his lips, "I thought I was the best?"

I roll my eyes and face the windshield, "you're also the worst."

I turn up the music as he laughs, watching his car roll over the wet pavement in the dark, the only light coming from the scattered street lamps and the reflections of his headlights in the moisture on the ground.

I feel fingers creep up my wrist and palm from where my forearm rests on the middle console, looking to watch Harry's hand intertwine with mine as he places them back down onto the leather surface. He squeezes once, bringing it up to his lips to place a kiss on the blank canvas of the back of my hand.

"Where is this shoot at?" I speak up, hoping I can distract him from his teasing by questioning him.

"This gorgeous evergreen forest with a little log cabin. I have been there a couple of times. It's beautiful," I watch his dimple form as he talks, and it sends a flutter right through my body.

"Evergreens?" I ask.

"Yeah, like big ass Christmas trees," he beams like a little kid at the thought.

"I know what Evergreens are, Baby. I just didn't know there were big forests of them around here," I laugh.

"Yes, there are. I'm excited," he nods while switching on the windshield wipers, and I turn to watch them push the raindrops from our view and let them roll down the sides of the car.

"So it's outside?" I question, and he nods, "but it's raining."

Harry turns to look at me, lips flattened into a closed smile, "a little rain never hurt anyone, Beautiful."

"That's just not true," I tease him, "Like, statistically incorrect."

"Oh, calm down, smartass," he lets out his contagious laugh, and I can't help but copy him with my own.