Brown sugar coffee

It's so awkward, we're just standing in silence. Should I break it? My clock ticks and the soft beat of my music plays loudly.

"He-"

"So-"

We both spoke at the same time making the situation more awkward. "I should go first" I brushed off my top and regained my composure.

"This week has been a little tense... awkward... nerve-wracking and I don't mean to make you feel uncomfortable, it's just that after teacher's night I woke up on your chest and it was a bit surprising and embar-" He cut me off with a sly smile.

"Yea, I guess that's my fault since I put us in that position" He sighed. "I didn't wish to make you feel embarrassed, so I apologize" He rubbed his neck nervously as we stared into each other's eyes. It didn't take long until I burst out with laughter.

"I feel so relieved I thought I did that out of nowhere" I added as I caught my breath. "So what brings you by I'm going to admit it, I did miss having conversations with you"

"It's comforting to talk to someone sane here; also I came here to ask a question" Immediately the mood changed in here and it got quiet again. "Sure, go ahead, " I said, trying to convince myself, it wasn't something he's going to ask about what I did in my sleep. I hope I don't sleep talk. He seemed like he was struggling to put his sentences together. 

I said picking up my purse as I said "Do you want to get some coffee?" I had a long day ahead of me. "I suppose, " he added. We walked to the teacher's lounge. He still didn't ask his question. 

He opened the door to the teacher's lounge, and I wish it would've stayed close. Dishes were everywhere, Mic and Ectoplasm were slumped over the couch and, the coffee pot was overflowing with bubbles.

"I know this coffee place just 10 minutes from here," Aizawa suggested. "Yea, I would love that." I sighed closing the door behind me.  "We should hurry before it gets dark outside," Aizawa warned. "Well Shota, how about you pick the pace up?"

He huffed and shoved his hands in his pocket. "Alright Y/N," I grinned and walked by his side. "I do have one question though. Why'd you name your cat sushi?"

"When I first got her I didn't know what to name her. It came to me when I went to go get some chopsticks, and I found her eating my sushi. Yes, it pissed me off because I was looking forward to eating it." He furrowed his eyebrows darting his eyes straight ahead. His hair bounced with each step.

"I'm sorry about your meal, but at least something good came out of it." I fixed the purse on my side. "I guess I was planning on naming her Apple." He sighed holding the door open. "I had a pet hamster named Camelia, mainly because those are my favorite flowers, but I went camping one summer never saw her again."

"That's unfortunate." We continued our talk about childhood pets but always managed to change the topic when things got too personal, which is respectful because there are some things I don't want to mention either.

"Here we are" Aizawa recalled, gazing at the open sign. On the corner of two local roads was an authentic coffee house. It was hidden away from modern-day society. The place was full of large leafy plants as we entered a nice sized sitting area. Books lined one wall, plants hung on the ceiling, all in all, it was a hidden gem.

"I used to come here to study a lot, the owners of this place are some great people. I really appreciate them" We walked towards the not-so-long line. "You went to UA?"

"Yea, along with mic and midnight, did you not attend UA?" he asked. "No, I studied somewhere called Rising Grace" We moved up the line. Let me start planning on what I want now because I don't want to embarrass myself.  Large Iced Coffee with Cream and Brown Sugar. I've planned it out, but as soon as I start, I am going to fail horribly.

"I'm getting black coffee. There's nothing better than black coffee." Aizawa folded his arms. "There are a lot of things better than black coffee. For example, hazelnut coffee, coffee with cream and sugar, coffee with brown sugar-" He cut me off mid-sentence. Rude.

"Brown sugar?"

"Yes brown sugar it's a bit sweeter than sugar, you have to try it. Missing out on something revolutionary Shota" I teased. Finally, it was our turn to order. "If that's not you dear old Aizawa how are you boy, both the misses and I haven't seen you in a while." An old man with striking grey hair and dark grey eyes asked. "I almost mistook you for a homeless person and almost kicked you out."

"I've been fine Mr. Ray it's nice to see you too" Mr.Ray stopped listening to him and looked at me. "You finally got yourself a girlfriend Aizawa, finally I thought I would never see the day" He laughed. Girlfriend? I mean I don't mind. He pushed his hair out of his face "No, Mr.Ray she's my coworker and I'm treating her to coffee."

"Hi beautiful, what would you like to order, it's on the house. Let's not worry about him right now" Ray grinned placing his forearm on the desk he stood behind. "Hmmm, I would love a large iced coffee with cream and brown sugar" I replied returning his same flirtatious energy. "Come on order something else"

"Oh wow um, I'll take a blueberry muffin thank you" Aizawa groaned loudly. "I would love to order a large black coffee with brown sugar when you two are done flirting."

"Impatient as always" Ray rolled his eyes as he called our orders. We moved to the waiting station. "You know, I'm glad you took my advice I'm also gonna say you won't be disappointed."

"I hope your right I tend to take my coffee seriously.  He remarked. "You won't regret it trust me" I winked as we took our orders up.  We found a seat in the corner of the shop. I didn't realize it earlier, but this little coffee shop sat on a hill overlooking the city the same way UA does.

"Thank you for taking me here today. I took my straw out of its protective coating and placed it in my cup. Aizawa hid his face behind his scarf before removing it. "I should thank you for coming along," He took a sip of his coffee. He had an interesting look on his face before taking another sip. "And for putting me onto brown sugar coffee."