4:44 am

I found myself in the coffee shop at 2 am, waiting for him after the villain attack. Even though we were told not to leave campus, I couldn't stay there. I asked Shota if he could meet me here.

He should be here soon. I sat at the corner table with a lukewarm cup of peppermint tea in my hands. The world managed to steal 10 minutes away from me until he came.

"Y/N" he walked up to my table and took a seat across from me. He still had his suit on, but his blazer was in his arms. "What did you need to talk about? It's late."

"I think we need to sit down and talk." I expressed sleepily. I can still smell his sharp and aromatic cologne lingering. "Go and say what you need to say."

"This conversation can end in many ways, but before it comes to that. I want to say that it has taken me a while to reach this conclusion, and more so with the help of others, but I realized that I have true feelings for you." I confessed.

"Do you believe in those feelings?" His voice was tainted with a question and compassion.

I took a shaky breath before I responded, "I do, and I understand if you may not have the same feelings. I won't force myself onto you."

He kept his gaze on me, but my eyes didn't have the strength to connect with his. "Y/N, before I respond. Can I share something with you?"

I nodded. "Although I tried to push you away, I couldn't let you go. Once I realized this, I could only watch from the sidelines while you watched from the frontlines. It's amazing how much I learned. To discover that your compassionate, your thoughtful, open-minded, optimistic." He took a deep breath.

"What I am trying to say is, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't return those same feelings. This is kind of awkward to say this but, you're the one who put my heart on my sleeve." He groaned.

I intertwined his fingers into mine. "I want a relationship with you, and you're not being awkward." I smiled. I heard thunder rumbling in the distance. "Sounds like it's going to rain."

"I want a relationship with you as well, but we have to clear some things up before we begin anything serious."

"Ms.Joke, who is she to you?"

"She's the one who told me to confess to you weeks ago." I was shocked by what I heard. "You and Snipe, is that still a thing?"

"It never was. I'm sure you knew that." He smiled and said, "I did. I just wanted to hear it from you."

We threw questions at each other like wildfire. "It's starting to pour outside." I yawned. "You didn't bring a jacket?" He asked, looking at my pajama set.

"My mind was on other things." He passed me his jacket. "Put it on. I don't want you to catch a cold."

"You think I want you to catch a cold?" I replied, passing the jacket pack. "Stop being stubborn and take the damn thing."

I got up and placed my cup in the trash. "I guess we have to share." I took his hand in my own and pulled him up from the table. "Before we go, I have something for you." He shoved his hands deep into his pocket and removed a rectangular box.

"What's this?"

"Close your eyes." I trusted him and did so. My skin became hotter as his footsteps became closer, and his fingers grazed my neck. "I went back and got this necklace for you," he explained.

I opened my eyes to get lost in his. "You didn't have to do that?" I replied, clutching the necklace in my hands. "Y/N, this necklace, and this promise ring; is a symbol of this relationship."

He placed the ring on his right ring finger. He touched my face, forcing me to look at him. "I might not be the best lover, but I sure as hell am going to try." He pressed his forehead against mine and whispered, "I give you my word."

Despite not knowing what to say, I knew how to react. "Can I?" I asked, gazing into his dark eyes, leaning in so close to the point that our lips were barely touching.

When his lips met mine, my heart pounded as the moment proved to be pure bliss. I wrapped my arms around his neck, drawing him in deeper. The scent of his cologne filled my nose and his hair tickled my skin.

My waistline found the perfect spot for his hands. "You don't have to ask," he exhaled breathlessly into my ear. A rush of euphoria flooded my head as our kiss gradually faded.

"I won't ask again," I said with a sly grin. "Come on, let's get going before the rain comes down any harder." He took his hand in mine and led us out the shop. "Yea, it's really coming down, isn't it?" He hiked up the jacket our both our heads.

"I like this compromise. Are you ready?" I asked excitedly as little raindrops splashed on us. We ran out to the car while laughing.

Shota called me, opening my door. "Hurry up. Get in the damn car. It's cold." I shivered and slid into my seat. My bottom of my pants was soaked, as well as the cuffs of my shirt.

I didn't care though. I was with him. The man I'm in love with. I glance at the time on the car's dashboard as the car prepared to leave.

4:44 am.

The first few weeks will be rocky, and there are still some things we haven't discussed, but it won't matter. He's mine and I'm finally his.