Afire

If I had known that I'd be waking up at 4 am, I don't know think I would have come. Half-awake, I yawned. "Is there a coffee machine here?" They pointed to the corner. 

I made a cup of coffee for myself and Aizawa. The coffee I made didn't even have cream or sugar in it. If they'd told me the temperature would be 36°F every morning, I'd be home.

He went on. "Today, you will begin your training. Each training will be customized to your quirks. Use this as a way to strengthen yourself. Ochaco. Yuga. You barely passed your exam." His words were rigid.

As I shivered, I handed him his coffee and the add-ons. "Y/N, are you okay?" Shota asked. "You can be scary at times." 

"I do what I have to do." He let out a slight laugh. 

Let me show you how they're training." He took me to each student.

"Todoroki is strengthening his ice quirk by sitting in boiling water." He pointed out. "Would you like a towel or a bottle of water?"

"Let's go," Aizawa said, pushing me from his station to Uraraka's. She throws up once she employs her quirk.

"Are you feeling ill, sweetie? Would you like some water? I have a feeling I picked up some nausea medicine." Just like he did with Todoroki's station, he moved me away.

"You're pampering them." he sighed. "Not at all. Just a little bit. I'll stop."

He handed me a clipboard with a list of numbers and names. "What is this for?"

"To track each progress made. If they don't, it was a waste coming here."

"Don't be such a downer. You're teaching them, and they'll do great." I told him with a smile. I turned his face to point out how Bakugou's explosions are slowly getting bigger, how Denki is slowly turning up the voltage, how Iida is slowly moving faster. That's the bright side.

"I love your optimistic views. Always find the bright side of something," he whispered underneath his breath.

"I'm going to go get some paperwork I have to fill out. I will be right back." I went to my bedroom already knowing that I was going to sleep.

By the time I woke up, the sun was now high in the sky. "Oh wow." I took a quick shower before I headed down. "That must've been some intense paperwork for it to take 4 hours," Tiger called. "Yeah, sorry I accidentally fell asleep."

"That's fine, a lady needs her beauty rest." He laughed. "Thanks, I didn't realize I'd be asleep for so long."

"Wow Tiger, you're not that nice to us," Mandalay said walking up. "Cause you guys are so damn annoying." He denounced.

"Anyway, tonight we're doing a game with the students. I just wanted to let you know." Ragdoll grinned. I noticed that the little boy, Kota, was hiding behind her leg.

"Hi! Would you like to join us too?" I invited, bending down to his level. He stared at me with amazement, then shook his head no.

"Maybe next time, huh?" I smiled. I went to join Aizawa's class, but I had a companion with me. "Can I watch with you? I don't really like heroes, but I want to watch it with you." Kota tugged at my pant leg.

Despite being hesitant, he took my hand. "Thank you." he smiled. We walked over to where Aizawa was criticizing Sero about dispensing his tape. "How was the paperwork?"

"Ruthless."

"I thought you were taking a nap," Kota added. "Any thoughts, Y/N?"

"I can't lie that was an excellent nap." I yawned. "We are almost done here; I'm going to send them off to shower." He groaned. I was about to respond, but I have pulled away. 

"I want you to see something." Kota hauled me away and led me through a series of trees and trails. "Where are we going?"

Kota moved the bush over, revealing a cave that overlooked the entire camp. "It's stunning here, Kota. Did you find this yourself?"

"No one knows. You remind me of my mom." he sighed with an expression of loss, "My mom and dad were killed fighting against a villain, and I miss them so much." 

"I think your parents must have been amazing. They were so brave and strong to do something like that. Thanks for showing me. I think you're a cool little dude." I patted his head. 

"Let's head back it's almost dinner time."

It wasn't long before we were back, he returned with his aunts and I rejoined classes 1-A and B. "Oh!" Mina called.

I asked, "What are you guys doing?" She replied "We're making curry. Would you like to join us?" 

"Yeah, I'll go wash my hands and show you guys my techniques."

"What did the boy show you?" Aizawa asked. "You are very nosey." He groaned and scratched his cheek. "There's a lesson tonight, are you able to join?"

"No problem, but I promised Mina I'd show her my cooking talents." I yawned. "It seems to me that you're enjoying it here."

"You're not?" I countered. "I've been here a lot, and I like it here."

"Glad you see it this way." I finished washing my hands and left. I enjoyed showing them my cooking skills. Slowly, the night crept on us, dividing us. 

I joined Aizawa and Vlad king with the students who need extra lessons. It was only 15 minutes before everything changed, and I'm not sure why. 

"Aizawa, what happened?" I asked as fear and uncertainty struck my heart. "Vlad King, stay here and protect them." He yelled, slamming the door behind him. 

"Ms.L/N, what's going on?" Denki asked. 'Villains have attacked our camp, but don't worry. I will take care of you all." Vlad King swore. 

"Thank you," I replied, trying to keep myself calm. I thought about all the students outside. Unprotected, probably scared. 

"Why are we sitting around when we need to get out there and help?" Kirishima stated, with a deep expression of concern. "We can't put more students at risk. You will stay here where it is safe." Vlad concluded.

I picked my phone up to try and get in contact with UA or the police. "I'm not getting any service," I said, trying again. Our party soon expanded to include Iida, Ojiro, Mineta, and Koda.

Shushing the commotion of the students, Vlad King said, "Hold on, I'm getting a message." 

"Eraserhead says that students are allowed to defend themselves." 

"But what if" My sentence was cut short as a hot gust of fire blasted the door down. I shielded Mineta and mina from the debris that flew across the room. 

Standing in the dust was a scarred villain wearing blue flames. In a matter of seconds, Vlad had him trapped in his quirk. 

"The public will cease to trust you, the heroes will collapse, society will fall." He cursed with a grim laugh. The villain tried to escape from the trap just to be led into Aizawa's. 

"It's a clone." He grunted, stomping it into a muddy puddle. Kota ran behind us. "It's worse out there than I thought."

"I tried contacting UA or the police, but the service must be jammed or something." I sighed. "Your arm is bleeding through your shirt." He pointed out. 

I didn't even realize. I stretched my arm out to see the large amount of blood drenching my shirt. "I'm fine, I'll keep trying." 

He took bandages out of his utility belt tossed them to me. "Don't let it get infected, it'll hurt." 

He ran out once again. I kept trying and hoping that I'll get a response. Hoping that everyone out there is safe, that Aizawa will come back ok. 

I was finally able to reach UA and the police. Only a few villains were caught, but many of the students suffered fatal blows. One student was captured. 

I wish I would've known. Like the USJ incident, only worse.