Black Girl Magic

It's been one week since our coffee session. Today's a brand new ballgame, hair wash day. I canceled all my plans for today even though I didn't have any. "Alrighty now, let's get started." I sighed, taking my hair out of my bonnet. The number of hair products I have on my countertop should be a problem. From oils to cream, from creams to combs, the cycle goes on.

I grumbled, "I am going to lose my mind and my hair if I don't put on some music." I spritzed my hair with water and castor oil before parting and detangling it. After this, my arms should be invincible. I managed to wash,detangle, and moisturize my hair.

Now it's time for the hard part. The treatments, the oiling, the braiding, then finally finding a style. I was in the middle of deep conditioning my hair until I got a hard knock on the door. It's not midnight because she told me she had a mission. Plus, midnight wouldn't knock.

"One second!" I called looking around my very messy bathroom. I threw a robe and a bonnet on and hurried out to see who was at the door. Why is he here right now? My fingers look like prunes. I opened the door slightly and only popped my head out.

"I have some paperwork for you. Nezu asked to bring it to you." Aizawa panned over the door and my bonnet. He looked a bit shocked and confused, but I don't blame him. "Wash Day?"

"Wash day." I replied. "Surely it can't take all day" he added. Oh boy. "Surely it can, I'm not anywhere finished" I opened the door to let him in. I took my bonnet off and continued to condition and twist.

Aizawa stood over the sink picking up different bottles reading them and putting them back down. "I just use shampoo and conditioner."

"That's it?" I asked stopping in the middle of my twist. "Yes." I sighed and continued to twist my hair occasionally dipping my fingers into the cream.

"What was that supposed to mean?" He asked. I chuckled softly and replied "nothing." I finished twisting and threw the bonnet back on.

"Is it okay if I touch your hair?" I asked. "I don't care" he said taking a seat. I dried my hands before inspecting his hair. I intentionally made some judgmental 'hmmmm's until he gave in.

"Fine." He rolled his eyes. "Yes!" I grabbed my spray bottle and gently worked through his coarse black hair. "Have you always had long hair?" I asked parting it gently.

"Yes, I never felt like cutting it. I just let it grow." He yawned. "Ouch!" He groaned. "I didn't do anything, the comb is so far away from your hair" I replied moving his head in a more comfortable position.

"Be gentle it hurts." I sprayed more water on his hair and moved slower. "Is that better Shota?" I said in a soft tone. "Dont antagonize me, I'm not a chi- ow!" He kissed his teeth.

"Then keep ya head still" I warned. He mumbled something underneath his breath. "I'm bringing my class in on Tuesday. Two reasons. I need a break and I want them to accustomed to going to you for help." He explained.

"You don't have to explain it to me. I would love to meet them. Tell me about them, so I can prepare myself." I grinned, taking the rubber band he offered. He began to explain each and every student with a tinge of pride in his voice.

"You speak very high of them. Are they that good?" I parted his hair, and began to oil it. "Better than most  of my previous classes. Majority of them I had to expel they didn't deserve to come to UA." I stopped and placed my hand on my hip. I know he's a teacher and he has to make judgements, but to expel a whole entire class after working so hard to get into?

"Don't you think that's cruel? You know how hard it is to get into this school?" I brought the comb back to his hair. "I eventually brought them back. They needed to feel lost."

"I guess that makes sense, no wonder why they call you a very strict teacher. You're also very passions about teaching. I could tell when you spoke about them." I massaged the oil into his hair.

He stayed silent. "There's nothing wrong with that. I admire it actually, you just want the best for them."

He folded his arms and leaned his head back against my thighs. "What is it that your using in my hair? It smells pleasant."

"Argan oil. It adds a nice shine and hydrates your hair. In the spray bottle it's just castor oil." I showed him the small droplet bottle. "Why do you have that on your head?"

He's avoiding what I said. He knows it's true, just doesn't want to say it. It's obvious though. "It protects my hair, prevents it from breaking off when I sleep. I have an extra one here. Prevents bed head." I teased, passing him a new black bonnet I never wore.

"I don't have bed head." He replied crossing his leg. "Alright Shota. If that's what you think. Anyway. I'm done, thanks for bringing the papers by." I placed the comb to the side.

"Yea, no problem. Thank you." He closed the door behind him. In the distance I heard mic yell "Hey Erasseerrrrrrr, I love the new do. Finally touched up the appearance I see." I laughed and continued my own hair.