Yellow Goggles

After all the preparation, the dreaded exam week finally came. Personally, I hate exams with an insatiable desire. It's just the stress that comes with it...nothing more, nothing less.

I thought I left it behind when I graduated, but today is the last, and it's the worst day. "Can you guys smell that in the air?" Mic asked, walking down the hallway.

Aizawa rubbed his nose bridge, saying "no." "Eraser, sharpen your senses before you grow greys," Mic teased. "What makes you think I don't already have greys?" Aizawa mumbled.

"You're a cat person. Anyway, it's the smell of students fretting to fight us, pro heroes." He grinned. "Really? I was smelling something with cinnamon in it." Midnight replied as I took a bite into my cinnamon and blueberry muffin.

"You want a bite?" I asked offering it to her. "Is it good?" She asked. "Of course." I asserted.

"Eat your breakfast dear." She sighed. "I can't wait till we finally get a break, I'm so tired," Mic exclaimed, opening the door. The summer sun shone on us so brightly that I had to cover my eyes.

The other teachers were lined up and getting ready. "Alright kids, you guys have fun." I waved, going to the skybox.

"Y/N!, After this is done we're going out tonight!" Midnight called. I waved as if she was just kidding, little did I know. Each exam took place in a different location. In all most of them did good.

I do see some subtle issues with some of the students. I wish I could've helped them more. Things I should take note of.

"Y/N?, Hey how have you been, it's always a pleasure to see you." Snipe said, walking in as he holstered his gun. "I've been well, thank you," I replied, giving a gentle smile.

"What'd ya think of the final exams?" he asked. "They're intense. I'm glad I didn't have to take exams like this in school." I sighed, rubbing my neck as I took a look at the notes I made.

"You'll get used to it, we just do it to test their strength ya know?" he stretched. I doubt I will get used to it the way people tell me to.

There was an awaited silence as more pros watched the other rounds.  "Say, I got a question for ya, Y/N," Snipe said as if something was on his mind.

I replied distractedly as I watched the match between Aizawa, Todoroki, and Momo. "Since there's gonna be a Lil get-together later I reckon that I ask you to go with me... if that's alright with you." He asked, rubbing his arm.

I looked over at him and offered my full attention. He stared at me with a hint of confidence, but I can't see his eyes very well. I stood there questioning myself. Should I really go to the bar with Snipe?

I don't know him that well, but he seems like a nice person. Then again, I wanted to spend some time with Aizawa like the last time there was a teachers' night. This can be just two friends getting drinks. That's it.

"Yea, that would be fun. Thanks for asking." I replied gratefully. He tipped his hat and walked off. I turned back to watch the match, but it had already ended when I looked back, and it looks like Aizawa lost.

"Ooo, what was that about?" Midnight asked in a flirty tone. "I'll tell you later, I'm still processing what's going on." I sighed.

Midnight stretched and said, "I can't wait to take a shower. Tell me when we're getting ready."

"Ready for what?" Aizawa asked as we walked in taking his yellow goggles off.

"This isn't a question you should be asking. We do this every year without fail." She sighed, placing her hands on her hips. "I may stop by." He yawned.

"That and it seems y/n has a date later as well." Midnight said as she nudged me in the arm.

"A date?" Aizawa said, looking up from his phone. "One, it's not a date, and two we're just getting drinks." I sighed, clearing the clouded thoughts my coworkers had.

"Date or not, I can't wait to finally have a nice drink with you...are you sure you don't want to come," Midnight asked, trying to change his mind, but it seemed like his mind was on something else.

"I'll think about it. Nothing is set in stone." He left the room with just midnight and I in it. I watched as he and his suit blended into the darkness of the hallway. "The exams are just about done, how about we meet at my dorm in an hour?" Midnight offered.

"Yea, I'll see you then." She went down the same path as Aizawa did, and it wasn't long before I followed behind. My eyes were fixated on my phone as I walked to my own classroom. I turned my phone off to admire the large walls and pristine hallways. I felt a distinct sense of nostalgia as the sound of my heels reminded me of the first time I'd been here.

For my first year here, I loved it. It was everything I expected and more. I opened the door to my room to find a note on my desk, however. It did not indicate who it might be from. I lifted the tab and read the words, "Thank you."

Nothing else was written on the page except for those two words, but I don't need anything else on the page to feel the gratitude of these two simple words. 

I slipped the paper into the crevice of my computer screen and left my classroom for the time being. As I walked out I thought to myself. 

I may never know who wrote that note. All I want to say is Thank you. 

***i have a surprise for you guys next chapter I've been horrible with posting thanks for being so patient.***