Nothing Special

Winter

When Kaiden arrived home I'd been soaking in the bath, thinking about Phoebe and our last conversation- Via notes.

"You look so peaceful," he said, undoing his tie and kissing me on my lips. I threaded my fingers into his silklike hair and pulled him into me, deepening the kiss. When we parted I was breathless. See, he still gave me butterflies. "So beautiful," he fingered my cheek, and slipped a lock of hair behind my ear. I'd had my hair pinned up.

"Thank you." He pulled out a card from his pocket and held it up. "What's that?" I took it from his hand, my heart pounding. What if it was one of our notes? I opened it hastily.

"A formal invite to her dinner party Friday. Did you know anything about this?" I almost sighed in relief. I shook my head, reading her beautiful and well thought out writing.

"No, not a thing. Where'd you find it?"

"On the floor by our door. We should go." Um, no we shouldn't. I didn't know what she was thinking or what she'd say or do. I wasn't in control of the situation.

"Um, are you sure?" I asked.

"Well, if there's nothing to worry about, why not? I can finally see that she's 'not that bad' like you'd suggested." I shrugged, feigning carelessness.

"Sure, whatever." Inside I was panicking. What the hell was she thinking? Kaiden held up a towel as I got out and wrapped it around my body. He placed his head in my neck and nuzzled me.

"You're amazing, you know that?" I shook my head.

"You are. What do you want for dinner?" He groaned, his cock poking me in my back. I shifted.

"Can I have you?" I laughed.

"Just bathed. Would kind of defeat the purpose, don't you think?" He chuckled and went to the door.

"I'll make us something, you just get dressed." I nodded dutifully and proceeded to dress in my panties and night shirt. It was an old ratty thing but comfortable. Dinner with Kaiden was nice. I enjoyed our time together always. He made me feel secure and safe and he gave me butterflies. He'd even taken the time to light candles and set the fire in the fireplace. He had soft music playing in the background and a red duvet on the floor in front of the fireplace with pillows and goodies. Strawberries, chocolate, and pizza.

"Oh my god, Kaiden, this is beautiful. You ordered pizza again?" He loved take out. Which I guessed I was glad for considering I didn't have to cook all the time. He grinned and I clambered down into his lap, sealing his perfect lips with mine. I was suddenly very much in the mood, and glad it had nothing to do with her. He slowly slipped off my shirt, then kneaded my breasts. My nipples puckered into hard nubs instantly and I was sensitive. I moaned into his mouth and pulled down his easy access pants. He flipped me on my back, laying my head on a pillow. He pulled my panties off as I gazed into his eyes. He entered me and the feeling of him filling me was exquisite. He peppered kisses down my neck as I moaned aloud, filling the apartment.

"You feel perfect, baby," he whispered against my neck. We made love on the floor twice, tasting chocolate off of each other.

"You're going to need another shower, maybe I can join you this time." He winked. I ate my slice of pizza and let the music from the twilight soundtrack fill me with bliss.

"Of course." I answered, my skin rubescent and sweaty. Kaiden took his time washing me up, and screwing me against the glass of our shower.

"Oh Kaiden!" I groaned when he dug deeper into me. I arched my back and laced my fingers in his hair, pulling him closer as he held my hips and fucked me senselessly. "Mmm, fuck, that feels so. . . good. . ." The water trickled down my lips and my eyelashes, and his manly hands felt divine on my skin. He gripped my face and kissed me passionately as we both came down from a seemingly endless orgasm.

Kaiden fell asleep fast and hard, laying on his front. I laid beside him, playing with his hair and thinking about how much I loved him. And I did. A lot.

I climbed out of bed, needing some air. I wasn't surprised when I seen her lounging on her chair, gazing at the ocean. Her long bare tan leg extended to the railing of her balcony, and she was in a silk black robe. When our eyes locked the tension was palpable but I ignored it, turning my eyes toward the glistening bright moon. I heard her writing and wished she wouldn't.

Have I done something else wrong?

She wondered. I sighed, and took a seat on my plush white chair.

Why the invite?

A truce. I want to be friends, even if that's all we'll ever be. Plus, my friend and her new Bo will be there.

I thought about it. Was she sincere? I knew it didn't matter, if I wasn't into her it wouldn't happen. Plus, there'd be blockers if things got awkward. I sighed.

Fine. If that's really what your intentions are.

She smiled, and her beauty was remarkable. She was perfect. She'd move on from me soon, I was nothing special. She nodded and disappeared back inside, leaving me alone. I stashed the note with the other ones in my coffee table. It didn't even cross my mind why I was saving them.