Need

Winter

"Wear this, it's sweet, like you." Kaiden instructed. I took the dress and dutifully slipped into it. I was on edge since seeing Phoebe earlier, her risqué body barely covered by her robe. She wore flattering make up and she looked marvelously beautiful. She was so flawless and perfect.

"I'm not that sweet." I responded. I couldn't help but think of her body and her sexy, raspy voice. Her laugh and her alluring smile that was sweeter than sugar. She was an invader in my mind, too often for my liking.

"Hurry up, we need to be there in 5." He ordered, tying his black tie. I rolled my eyes, brushing my hair and leaving it in its regular, wavy tresses. I slid on my pale blue heels and gave myself a look over in the mirror.

"Ready." He closed our door and grabbed my hand possessively. When she opened the door my heart sped up, and my skin grew damp. The dress was flattering on her, showing off her long legs and darker features. Her full, heart shaped lips were stained with matte maroon lipstick. She exchanged friendly small talk with Kaiden and welcomed us in. The food looked delightful, restaurant grade, and my stomach growled for a taste.

Mara was a beautiful, curvy women with hair that almost matched Phoebe's dress. She was attending with an older man who had slightly graying hair. He had wrinkles around his eyes but they complimented him. Phoebe's date was very attractive, and he looked at her like he wanted to lick her vagina on top of the dinner table. But who could blame him? When Kaiden mentioned him it clicked that he was famous. Not 'selling-out-concerts' famous, but he did have a few songs on the radio. I couldn't believe he was here with her. Or rather, she was here with him.

"What is it you do, Winter?" Mara wondered, her beautiful hair flowing around her like a halo.

"Before we moved I was actually a nanny and a manager at a department store." I explained, sipping my wine.

"She's being modest," Kaiden added. "She finished college with a 4.0 GPA and got her masters degree in social working." I licked my lips and bit my tongue self consciously. "And she's a computer nerd." I smacked his arm, not caring who we were around. People didn't need to know that.

"You're a nerd?" Phoebe chimed in intrigued. "Interesting," I swallowed, her prying eyes invading mine, she made me feel naked. "Why aren't you pursing a career?" I ate a piece of my salmon. I had to give my attention to something else.

"Wedding planning, moving. I've been busy but I'll get to it." I wasn't fooling anyone, I had no excuse other than Kaiden and my parents. They said I should focus on the wedding and all the stress that comes with moving. "What about you? What is it you do?" Thankfully, Mara answered for her.

"She's an editor, has her own office and everything. We work in the same building. I'm in advertisement." I nodded, happy the conversation shifted successfully.

"I'm not that interesting. I just have a knack for writing." I enjoyed Phoebe's voice. It reeled you in, made you want to hear more. Everyone went on to talk about their careers and eventually we ended up hearing about Ezra. Phoebe gave him her lust-filled, fuck-me eyes. I noticed how differently she looked at me. Deeper. Meaningful. Hungry, even. Could she move on from me or was I being full of myself? I didn't know. It crossed my mind she was deliberately trying to get a rise out of me.

"You okay?" Kaiden whispered in my ear after awhile of being engulfed in a conversation. I nodded, even given how uncomfortable I had been in my seat. I could feel the heat from her leg on mine and our feet would meet under the table by accident. I was hot and my blood was like lava. I was physically tired of how fast my heart was racing. Phoebe noticed the small exchange and when she looked at me my body reacted. I had to cross my legs. She smirked, and her azure eyes twinkled in mischief. She was acknowledging what was happening to me, it was written on my face. Good thing Kaiden was wrapped up in the conversation again. They were talking about concerts or something, but Phoebe and I were almost entranced. I was beginning to get a strong buzz and decided to stop with the wine.

"I'm going to use the bathroom." I whispered in Kaidens ear. I pulled out the chair and turned to her. "Where's the bathroom?"

"I'll show you." I almost shook my head but instead stood like normal. She led me through a hallway and into her bedroom. Flashes of that day came into view. Our moment while listening to Sabrina, the way we ran through her house. I especially remember her arms around me when she captured me, and the kiss that changed everything. How needy I'd been.

I looked at her as she sauntered to the back. The sway of her narrow waist, and her exposed creamy skin made me ache.

"This is my bathroom," she said, switching on the light. I walked around her and closed the door, taking in a deep refreshing breath. I relieved myself and wet my face and neck with a damp towel.

I gave myself a look over in the mirror, fixing my dress and my hair. When I exited the bathroom she was still standing there, looking at a picture on her bedside table. She had a bohemian styled bedroom, with cream and brown tones and posters all over her white walls.

"What're you looking at?" I asked. She smiled sweetly and showed me a picture of her and an older women.

"My grandma. I miss her everyday." I took a step forward.

"I'm sorry, that must be tough. Was she your only family?" I asked.

"My mom died and I never really knew my father, so yeah." She sat the picture down and smiled at me.

"I'm sorry," I said sympathetically. "That must've been hard."

"Yeah, it was. Thank you." We both smiled and it happened. My heart raced, my skin flared up, and we were both self aware. I swallowed.

"We should probably go back out there," I had said, my eyes lingering in her lips. I felt like I was suffocating in her presence, but I couldn't move. My body somehow wouldn't allow it. She took a step closer and caressed my hand. She was soft, and her fingers like small kisses on my skin. Everywhere she touched left tingles, and suddenly we were feeling each others arms. I heard her panting, seen her chest rise and fall, and her skin turn pink. My sex throbbed, and my clit quivered. Her nose touched and teased mine and I stopped breathing. I was practically clawing at her forearms now, filled with arousal and pure, animalistic hunger.

Her hands drove up my arms, and she found my neck. I sucked in a breath of air, trembling in my heels, aching and pleading with myself to kiss her but something in me still loyal to Kaiden and telling me not to. With her arms moved, my hands found her waist, and our lips touched. A moan left one of our mouths and I couldn't even be sure whose. My tongue dipped out, teasing her lips, making liquid pool between my thighs. I wanted it. I wanted her. There had never been anything in the world I wanted more. Her left hand ended up on my thigh, and her fingers inched toward my apex. Liquid dripped from my panties down to her finger and she groaned softly, swirling it around my thigh. Tasting her finger afterward, her pupils dilating and what little control she had left dissipating.

"How bad do you want me, Winter?" She taunted. I was blitzed out of my mind I couldn't even lie.

"Too much. Way too much." I muttered, gripping her waist. I heard one of the chairs scrap against the floor from the kitchen and I panicked. I pushed her toward the bathroom and gathered myself. I sat on her bed and calmed my breathing before picking up the same photograph and looking at it. She closed the bathroom door and that's when Kaiden stepped in.