Her Love

Winter

My stomach ran rampant with arousal and butterflies. I ached for her. When I entered my apartment Kaiden was in the back talking frantically over the phone. I was thankful, it gave me time to gather my equilibrium.

I'd kissed her again! Almost twice in one night. I wasn't this girl. A cheater. A bisexual. These things weren't me but how would I manage to stop this? She wanted me and she didn't care about Kaiden, or hurting him. I did. I rubbed my neck. I still felt her hot mouth on my skin, her teeth and her tongue ravaging my flesh. She took my breath away like she was paid too, she was unbelievably irresistible and fucking stunning beyond anything in this world.

I wiped a tear from my eye and pulled down the harder liquor. I needed to drink her off of my mind because clearly it wasn't happening naturally. Kaiden came out looking stressed.

"That was a very respectable, nice dinner." He said, standing in front of me. He'd taken off his tie and unbuttoned a couple buttons to his linen.

"It was nice. When's the last time we had dinner with friends?" I knew the answer was never. Trice didn't much count seeing as she was practically family. He grinned charmingly.

"Never. We'll do it again. And your friend, Phoebe, she isn't the worst person you could've befriended. She's got some impressive friends." I nodded, feeling so much guilt I could choke on it. He was impressed meeting a celebrity. Surely, he'd come to his senses.

"Indeed she does."

"I approve, she'd make a good friend I think," he said. Great. "I have to go to the office. There's a situation. But tonight was amazing, I loved showing you off." I smiled as he kissed my cheek and when he left I sobbed. How could I do this to him?

"Oh, honey, I miss you so much. How is your new life in Long Beach?" My mother, Eliza, gushed over the phone, her voice warming me and making me homesick. I'd just spent the last hour crying and eating ice cream, thinking about the mistakes I've made.

"I like it. It's beautiful. I miss you guys though, how's daddy?"

"Oh, same old same old. Still grumpy and overzealous." I laughed, I missed my crazy father. He always made me laugh.

"That's good." We talked about wedding plans and for the first time I wasn't overjoyed.

"Honey, are you sure you're okay?" My mother asked, her tone urging me to cry again.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Tired. We had dinner with some new friends and it was tiring." I explained.

"Well I'm glad you guys are getting along. Go to bed dear. I love you so much, come visit soon and give that fiancé of yours a break from work." I nodded as if she could see me and agreed to visit.

"Bye, momma, love you." I ended the phone call and decided to take another shower. My mood wasn't improving and I didn't want to go out on the balcony so I just sunk into bed and fell into a restless sleep.

I woke alone to a note on Kaiden's pillow.

Late night and early mornings. Lucky me. I'll miss breakfast with you, make sure to be productive today.

Love you

I sighed, falling back into my bed, begging for sleep. When I finally climbed out I brushed my teeth and did my morning routine. I wore shorts and a plain T-shirt and slipped into some flip flops. The weather was beautiful today. The breeze carried in the scent from the ocean and I inhaled, filling my lungs with fresh oxygen. Phoebe stepped out with a cigarette in her hand, dressed only in a robe. She loved to walk around naked, and I felt guilty that I enjoyed it. I enjoyed watching her smoke. I guess I found myself enjoying her regular vices way too much. She was peaceful and thoughtful while doing them, it was satisfying seeing her so calm.