Epilogue

“Are you done? Yes? Come on! Come on! Help me!” I said dashing out of my chair, bouncing up and down in my spot. I quickly rushed over to the closet, grabbing the garment bag, running back into the bedroom.

“Calm down Destiny. We still have like another hour and a half. You already made us start your makeup an hour early. We haven’t even finished your hair.” Bre said laughing at me. I let out a sigh and went to hang the dress back up.

“I know but I’m just so excited. I can’t help myself. Today is going to be the best day.....second best day...well one of the best days of my life! I can’t choose between today or the day Alannah was born.” As if on cue I heard small cries coming from the adjourning bedroom. I smiled and walked over to the door. I peeked in and Alannah was standing up, her little face and hands poking over the side of her playpen. Her curly hair was all over the place and it just remended me how much she looked like Chres.

“Hey baby! Are you ready to get up mama? Oh such a big girl.” I picked her up out of the pen and grabbed her pacifier, walking her back into the other room. She just looked at me, her hand going directly to my ear. She had a weird thing about earlobes that Ms. August told me Chres had when he was little too.

“Look who decided to join us.” My mom quickly jumped up and ran over, grabbing Alannah from me.

“Oh it’s grandma’s little baby.” She started kissing Alannah’s cheek and walked away, going to sit on the couch. I laughed at her and went to sit back in the beauty chair to finish my hair. Today was going to be perfect. I had my family, friends, and most importantly I had my Chres. I was finally going to become Mrs. Chresanto August. I was so excited and happy. I could barely stay still.

“Keep bouncing like that and you’ll burn yourself on the curling wand.” Debby, my hairstylist, said, laughing at me

“I’m sorry. I’m so so excited.” I tried my hardest to sit still while she continued on my hair, distracting myself with what was on t.v. A knock on the door pulled me out of my daze and Bre got up, answering the door.

“Special delivery for Destiny.” I heard a deep voice say. I got up, looking around the corner and saw the biggest bouquet of flowers I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t even see the man behind them. I quickly walked over and grabbed the greeting card off the side.

“Just because I can. You are my everything. Love Chres” I said with a big goofy smile on my face. A round of aww’s filled the room and I put the card back, grabbing the huge vase.

“Where can I even put these?”

“In our new house.” Chres’s voice filled my ears and I looked around the flowers, seeing him standing there. I let out a yell and put the flowers in front of my face

“Ugh Chres! This is the second time. You’re not allowed to see me. It’s bad luck!” I said running in the other direction. I heard all of the women pushing him out and him laughing at the assault from them all.

“Fine. Fine. I’m leaving.” I heard the door close and I peeked out around the corner.

“Is he gone?”

“Yeah he is gone. I swear that boy is the most determined he has ever been to see you.” Ms. August said sitting back down in the makeup chair.

“I know right. I’m gonna go dress Alannah.” I went and got her from my mom, walking back into the bedroom. I had spent just as much time finding Alannah a dress as I did mine. I wanted her to look like the little princess she was. She was only 8 months and had both me and Chres wrapped around her finger from the beginning. I sat her in her bouncy chair and walked to the closet, grabbing her dress.