Chapter 7

Destiny’s Pov

My mother and I finally finished cooking the rest of the food and left the kitchen to join everyone in the living room. Dave and Wilson were having an argument about who was going to win the game. Pam was talking to Brandon about school while Morgan hung on every word he said. I laughed at her. She had a huge crush on Brandon since we first met the Harrison’s. I just hope she won’t freak out when she finds out Brandon has a girlfriend. My mom went over to join them and then I saw Chres and Oj. They were both staring at each other and if looks could kill, they both would be laying in the floor. I quickly made my way over to them and sat next to Chres.

“So what are you guys talking about?” I saw daggers in Chres’s eyes and a smirk on Oj’s face. Oh god what did he say?

“I was just telling Chres some stories from high school.” Oj smiled at me and I felt a sickening feeling in my stomach.

“Oh like what?” I was worried he was telling Chres lies about us.

“About the football games. How you were on the school's dance team. Stuff like that.” I let out a breath and stood up.

“Well dinner is ready.” Everyone started heading to the dining room and I held Chres back.

“What did he tell you?” I looked at Chres and his eyes seemed distant. He was looking at me but it seemed like he wasn’t really there.

“Nothing important.” Chres shrugged his shoulders and kissed me on my lips. I smiled at him and followed him to the dining room. I didn’t really believe him but I wasn’t going to push him to tell me. When we got into the room I saw the only two empty seats were next to Oj. I let out a groan and went to go sit down. I was stuck between Oj and Chres and I could feel the tension in the air.

  After prayer everyone started eating and compliments about the food went to me and my mom. I smiled and continued to eat. Halfway through dinner I felt a hand on my thigh. My fork stopped mid air and the hand moved higher lifting my dress with it. I looked at Oj and he was eating but I saw the smirk on his lips. I grabbed his hand and bent his finger back causing him to let out a yell. Everyone stopped eating and looked at him.

“Sorry, I just burning my tongue.” he said coming up with an excuse. I tried not to laugh and continued to eat. Chres leaned towards me and whispered in my ear

“Is everything OK?” I smiled at him and gave him a kiss

“Everything is fine.”

 Eventually everyone finished and me and my mom started clearing the table. I saw she was turning pale and I took the plates from her hands.

“Mom, you shouldn’t be doing so much. Go and rest.”

“No Destiny. I’m Ok.” She tried to take the plates and I pulled them away from her.

“No ma. Go rest.” She finally agreed and headed upstairs. I was washing the dishes when I felt arms wrap around my waist. I was about to smile, thinking it was Chres, when I heard Oj’s voice.

“You need help?” I quickly removed his arms and started putting away dishes.

“No I don’t need your help.” Oj grabbed my arm and turned me around so I was facing him.

“You shouldn’t have done that at the table. You know you should be with me, not with that dumb ass out there.You know he is just going to drop you when you least expect it. I bet you were going to just give it up to him without second thought weren’t you?” I jerked my arm away and slapped him. I could see the anger in his eyes but I didn’t care.

“Chres is not a dumb ass and he is better for me then you will ever be. He doesn’t push me to do anything unlike you and what we do is none of your business” He was about to say something when the kitchen door opened and Mr. Wilson walked in.

“Oj, Dave just asked us to stay the weekend. Are you staying too?” Oj turned to me and gave me a evil grin.

“I would love to stay.” My stomach felt sick and I left to find Dave. I finally found him in his office and I closed the door behind me.

“Why did you invite the Harrison’s to stay?” I asked anger radiating off me. He gave me a smirk and lit a cigar, blowing smoke in my face.

“Because I knew it would piss you off.” I glared at him

“You are such an ass. If my mom didn’t need you-” Dave’s hand connected with my face and I fell to the floor. I looked at him and he knelt down to my level.

“You don’t talk to me like that. Remember I control your mom’s future. If I’m gone she dies.” I held my cheek and got off the floor. I left his office and ran to my room. I passed Brandon on the way and he stopped me.

“Hey, what’s wrong?” He grabbed me and looked into my eyes. I started crying and he held me to his chest while I cried. He took me to my room and comforted me while I cried. I must have fell asleep because I woke up in my bed in my dress. I quickly changed into shorts and a t-shirt and quietly ran to Chres’s room. I opened the door and saw he was asleep.

  I walked up the his bed and slid under the covers. I laid my head on his chest and wrapped my arm around his waist. He opened his eyes and looked at me.

“Destiny? What are you doing?” I kissed his chest and pulled him closer.

“Nothing just go to sleep.” He wrapped his arm around me and kissed my head. He fell back to sleep and I laid there listening to his heart beat. It soothed me and I finally fell asleep.