Chapter 14

Chres’s POV

  I turned over in bed and opened my eyes, seeing Destiny still asleep. I smiled at her and slowly got out of bed so I wouldn’t wake her. I knew she wanted me to wake her up early so she could help my mom cook but she has been working so hard this week. She wanted today to be perfect and so did I but in the back of my mind I knew something bad was going to happen. I just had this weird feeling. I tried to shake it off but it didn’t seem to want to go away. I know it’s because of what I’ve been keeping from Destiny but I can’t tell her. Not now. I walked over to our closet and grabbed the small box I hid in one of my jackets. It took me forever to find a gift for Destiny and I think I finally found it.

  I walked out of the closet and left the room, going to the kitchen. I could already smell my mom cooking breakfast and I headed straight into the room. My mom turn to me and gave me a huge smile.

“Merry Christmas baby. Are you hungry?” I walked over and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and grabbed a piece of bacon off the plate.

“Merry Christmas Ma. Do you have time to talk?” She gave me an amused face and turned off the stove. She wiped her hands on her apron and sat at the table giving me her full attention. Motioning for me to come join her, I sat in one of the barstools.

“What do you think of Destiny?” She looked surprised at my question and grabbed my hand, holding it in hers.

“I’ve always wanted you to find someone you could love and I think you have. Destiny is a very bright and beautiful girl and I know she makes you happy. Victoria had called me earlier in the week and describe a girl I was afraid to meet but now I know it was just Victoria overreacting. I love Destiny and I know you are in good hands.” I sat there taking in what she said and let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding. My mom laughed and patted my hand. “Were you worried about my answer?” I smiled and laughed too.

“Yeah I was. After the whole Victoria thing I was nervous about your reaction to her.” She stood up and gave me a kiss on the head, ruffling my hair.

“Well no more worrying. I’m going to go get dressed. I gotta start cooking for later.” I gave my mom a smile and watched her leave the room. I sat there for a minute until I remembered what I was supposed to be doing. I headed to the living room and hid the small box in the back of the tree where I knew no one would find it. I walked back to my room and tried to quietly sneak in but I found Destiny already up and dressed.

“Merry Christmas.” She gave me a big smile and I returned one too. She stood up from the bed and headed in my direction. She finally got to me and stood on her toes to give me a kiss.

“Merry Christmas. How did you sleep?” She shrugged her shoulders and walked to the closet.

“Good until you left me alone.” I followed her and stood at the doorway. I watched as she looked through her jewelry and picked out the earrings I got her .

“I had to make sure everything was ready for later. My mom woke up early and cooked enough food to feed all of California and is about to start cooking dinner.” Destiny gave me a worried look and quickly grabbed her heels.

“Why didn’t you tell me? You know I wanted to help her Chres.” I laughed at her and grabbed her hand to stop her. I gave her a quick kiss and grabbed her heels from her hand

“Calm down. She hasn’t even gotten dressed yet. You have time.” I tossed her heels on the bed and she let out a sigh.

“Sorry I just want everything to be perfect today.” She gave me a kiss on the lips and headed to the bathroom. Yeah me too.