Chapter 5

Chres POV

I woke up the next morning to a loud noise coming from downstairs. I got up and headed down to the kitchen. I expected to see Destiny but saw Dave picking a pot up off the floor. He looked up at me and turned pale.

"Morning Sir."

"Morning."

"Have you seen Destiny?"

"Her and Hope went shopping and Brandon went to the gym."

"Oh" I didn't know what to say so we kind of just stood there. Finally Dave asked me a question

"So how long have you and Destiny been dating?"

"About a month."

"Oh. That's surprising."

"Why?"

"Her relationships don't last more than a week usually. Back in high school she had a new boy all of the time." I stopped and looked at him. That didn't sound like Destiny.

"Really?"

"Yeah so how did you meet?"

"We work together at a dance studio downtown."

"She always loved dancing. She would always dance for her boyfriends." I started getting a little uncomfortable. I don't know if he is testing me or telling the truth.

"So have you guys.....you know?" That question really surprised me. I felt really awkward and wanted to leave the room

"Um...No sir." He got a two mugs and poured coffee in each. He handed one to me and sat down at the table. I guess he saw how uncomfortable I was because he changed the subject.

"So your from L.A."

"Yes Sir"

"So am I. Most of my family is still out there but I don't talk to them much."

"So is mine. My mom moved to Florida and my sister is in New York but other than that my Aunts and Uncles are still there."

"What about your dad?" I put down my mug and leaned back in my chair

"He left us when I was young. I haven't seen him since."

"Sorry to hear that son."

"It's OK. So do you have any kids?"

"I have a son and a daughter but me and their mother split. They are about your age."

"Have you talked to them?"

"No. I wasn't ready to be a father and I thought it would be best for them not to know me. I had.....drinking problems back then."

"Oh..."

"So are you hungry?"

"Yes Sir."  He got up and started cooking breakfast. He was humming a song and it sounded so familiar. Then he started whistling it.

"What song is that?"

"It's a song I used to play for my son to get him to go to sleep. It's Daddy's home by the Shep and the Limelight's." When he said that my heart stopped. All of it was adding up and it finally clicked. I got up and walked towards him. He turned towards me and looked at me. I looked at his eyes and knew it. They were the same as mine.

"Dad?" He let out a sigh and shook his head.

"I didn't think you would figure it out." I looked at him surprised

"You knew?" He nodded and finally looked up at me. For some reason all of this anger built up inside of me

"Why didn't you fucking say anything?! Do you know how sad I was when you left? I spent ten years! Ten fucking years looking for you! You didn't even say anything. I woke up and you were gone! I had to watch my mom struggle to raise me! Working two jobs trying to make sure me and my sister were taken care of!" He didn't say anything.

"Answer Me!"

"I didn't want you OK! Your mother got pregnant again after I told her I didn't want kids. When your sister came I dealt with it but after you I didn't want to deal with it anymore. I gave her the money to abort you but she refused. I stayed for as long as I could and finally left." I just stood there. I had nothing left to say. He said what he had to say. I heard the front door open and Destiny walked in followed by Hope.

Destiny POV

I walked in the kitchen and saw Chres and Dave starring at each other. Chres looked furious and Dave had a blank expression. They didn't even realize we were standing there. Chres finally looked away and headed for the door.

"Chres?" I reached out to touch him but he snatched his arm away and headed upstairs. I looked back at Dave and felt the anger come out.

"What did you say to him?!"

"I told him what he needed to hear."

"He didn't need to hear anything! I'm so sick of you. You are such a asshole!" I slapped him across the face and ran after Chres. I ignored my mom calling after me and knocked on Chres's door. He didn't respond

"Chres...Chres please open the door." He finally opened it and I walked in

"What did Dave tell you?"

"Nothing."

"Chres please tell me what he told you."

"DAVE'S MY DAD ALRIGHT!" I stopped in my tracks and looked at him

"What?"

"I said Dave is my dad."

"What do you mean he is your dad?"

"He is my dad. The one who walked out on me when I was five. We started talking and I figured it out." I wasn't to happy to find out his dad was Dave but I didn't understand why he was mad

"Isn't this what you've always wanted? To find your dad."

"It is but the bastard just told me that he left us because he didn't want me. I'm the reason he left. He tried to get my mom to abort me. Can you believe that? The man I wanted to know my whole life didn't give two shits about me." He sat on the bed and put his head in his hands. I went and kneeled down infront of him and grabbed his hands. 

"Hey. Look at me." He finally looked up and I saw the hurt in his eyes

"I'm sorry about all of this. I know you've wanted this for a long time and I know this isn't how you pictured it but this isn't your fault. Dave's the one that left. He is the one that abandoned you. You did nothing wrong. Forget Dave. He isn't worth being mad over. You've still got me." I gave him a kiss and he gave me a smile.

"Thanks. You always know what to say." I smiled 

"I don't like seeing you like this. No more pouting. Let's forget this ever happened."

"Deal" I gave him a hug and stood up

"I have to go help my mom. When your ready just come downstairs." He nodded and I left the room. This is why I didn't want to come home.