Chapter 20

I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating. I've been sick and really going through an emotion time. I came back and saw how good the book was doing and decided to update today. Thank you guys so much for reading and voting on the book. I love you guys and please spread the book around. Enjoy the chapter!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Please Chres.” I poked out my bottom lip and gave him my puppy dog eyes, hoping he would finally agree. He let out a sigh and grabbed his wallet from the nightstand.

“No Destiny. You need to stay here. You’re still recovering and the doctor said no strenuous work for at least another week.” He kissed me on my cheek and headed for our door. I quickly jumped off of the bed and followed him down the hall.

“Come on. I've been stuck in the house for two weeks already. If I miss anymore days I may get fired. You know how much this job means to me. I’m going crazy in this house.” I was completely frustrated with everything going on and I needed to do something with myself. They still haven’t found Dave and I knew that was stressing Chres out the most. It was probably another reason he won’t let me leave the house.

“Destiny I’m just listening to the doctor. I want you to get better and make sure you can handle doing work again. Just listen to me this time. I know this is the best for you right now. OK?” He gave me a quick kiss and turned to the door.

“This is about Dave isn't it?” I asked the question I had been holding back for weeks now. Chres stopped in his tracks and I grabbed his arm, making him face me. “I can handle myself Chres. You don’t need to worry about me.”

“How do you know? He could come back or anyone could come and try and hurt you again. I just want you to be safe and I know you will be safe by staying home.” I could tell he had been holding back from saying this to me for a while. I knew he wanted to keep my safe and protect me but I couldn’t stand being home anymore.

“Look Chres, I know you are scared but you can’t keep me here forever. I need to go to my classes and work. I can’t keep doing everything from home. I’ll be really careful. I promise.” I clasped my hands together, begging for him to let me leave. He let out a sigh and nodded his head.

“Fine. You can go back to work but please be careful. If Dr. Foster finds out I let you leave, she will kill me.” I smiled and gave him a huge kiss on the lips. He just laughed and headed off to work. I ran back to our room and called in, telling them I would be back to work later on that day. I took a quick shower and drove to work, excited to finally be able to do my job. When I walked into the building I was immediately bombarded by greetings and hugs. I was excited to see everyone and to my surprise I was missed by more than I realized. After grabbing a quick cup of coffee, I rushed to the elevator and patiently waited for it to take me to the top floor. As soon as I stepped off the elevator I was pulled into a huge hug by Sam.

“You’re finally back. I missed having you around. I’m sorry I didn’t come visit you in the hospital. I’ve just been busy and all.” Sam pulled away and gave me a huge smile, his green eyes shining with excitement. I smiled back and headed for my desk.

“Oh, that’s OK. I had more visitors than I really needed.” I sat down at my desk and sighed when I saw the stack of work on my desk. “Looks like I missed a lot huh?” I laughed and Sam sat down at his own desk, that also was covered in files.

“You did a lot from home but the boss just started a new contract with a huge company in Europe. Apparently they are making a lot of demands on their end.” I then saw how exhausted Sam actually looked and felt bad for missing so much work. I really need to make it up to him some how. I know since I was gone most of the workload was piled on him.