Chapter 31

All I feel is pain. My legs, arms, chest....everywhere imaginable. I try to open my eyes but I have no control of my body. I can’t move anything. I hear footsteps and voices coming closer. Wake up! Wake up and protect yourself and Alannah! I try to force myself to wake but I can’t. I’m trapped in my own mind.

“She is still asleep.....Good. I want her to be asleep for this. Keeps her from screaming. Watch this.” I felt a cold piece of steel run down my neck and my right arm, heading towards my stomach. No not Alannah! Please God let me wake up! I again tried to move my body but I was still stuck where I was.

“Hey!” A loud voice filled the air and I winced as the stinging radiated in my head. I know that voice. But from where?

“Why are you men in here?!” It was silent, no one saying anything. I waited to see if someone would say something.

“Well!”

“Sir, we were told that.....”

“I don’t care what you were told. You will not be in here unless I say so. Got it? Now get out!” I heard feet running away and a door slam. I relaxed and fell unconscious again.

   Everything is heavy. If possible I feel worse than the first time I woke up. It feels harder to breathe. I feel like an elephant is sitting on my chest. Again I can’t lift my arms and have no idea if Alannah is okay. I slowly hear a soft voice fill my ears and feel a hand on my stomach. I wanted to swat the hand away, considering I have no idea who it is.

“This should have been mine. I should have been yours but no......you took that from me.” I felt a strong hand wrap around my neck and begin to push down. I slowly felt the myself lose air supply and knew I couldn’t stop it. No please! Someone help me! Anyone! I slowly drifted away and lost consciousness

   I heard the bang of a bucket hitting the floor and I loud squeak before I heard the rush of something. Was that water? I heard the bucket being picked up and the sloshing sound of water moving around. Before I could try to react, I felt the water dump on my face. My eyes immediately popped open and I began coughing up water. I was struggling to catch my breathe and was wheezing, trying to get air in my lungs. I tried to sit up to get more air in my lungs but I was trapped to the floor and my body hurt too much to move. I looked around the room and my eyes connected with the culprit. I smug OJ was standing over me. He smirked and threw the bucket across the room, the noise making me wince.

“And the bitch finally wakes up.” He moves down to my legs and takes keys from his pocket. He bends down and begins unshackling my legs and I protectively pull them towards the rest of my body. He unlocked my wrist and I started rubbing them, the skin red and raw. He moved towards me and tried to grab my arm but I moved away.

“Don’t touch me.” He let out a sarcastic smirk and grabbed my arm, dragging me from the floor. I felt sharp pain shoot through my shoulder and I whimpered in pain.

“Don’t touch you? I’m the one who has been keeping you and your stupid baby alive. If it wasn’t for me you both would be dead already.” He helped me? Why?

“Then why am I covered in scars and bruises? Why did someone try to choke me? And why am I still here if you’re trying to help me?” I yanked my arm from his hand and his face filled with anger.

“I hit you once before and I won’t hesitate to do it again. Now shut up and follow me.” He turned and headed to towards the only door in the room. I slowly followed, barely able to stay on my two feet. We headed down numerous hallways until we finally stopped in front of a huge door. He pulled it open and pushed me inside. I stumbled in and landed on the floor. I looked up and saw a face I never wanted to see again.