Chapter 34

Hey Guys! Today is a very sad day for me and some of you. Today is the day the last chapter is being put up. I was crying the whole time I was writing this. This was my first story ever on Wattpad and when I first put it up, I never thought it would be were it is now. I never planned to finish this story but because of you guys, I continued with it. It became a big part of my life. I never saw myself as being a good writer but you guys encourage me so much. Thank you all for sticking by me through this and being patient with me even though I was bad with updating. I love you guys so much. Thank you again for reading my story. After this I can officially mark this story complete. I probably will put up an epilogue but other than that....This is it. Thank you again and enjoy the chapter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Chres walked up the stand completely at ease. The officer walked up to him holding the bible and Chres laid his hand on it, lifting his right hand.

“Do you solemnly swear that the answers you are about to give will be the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God?” Chres looked over at me and then back to the officer.

“I do.” He nodded and sat down, getting comfortable in the chair. Reed walked up to him, the stress of the situation evident on his face. I could tell that Chres not letting me speak anymore was going to take its toll on our case and Reed knew that. He slowly made his way over, buttoning his suit jacket.

“How do you know Sam, Mr. August?”

“I met him when I visited my sister in New York about four years ago.”

“And under what circumstances did you two meet?”

“I met a girl named Lauren, we started dating, and later on I found out that Sam was also dating her when we first met each other. I was unaware that she was in a relationship.”

“So you broke up with her I assume.”

“I was planning to but she told me that she ended her relationship with Sam and was fully dedicated to our future together.”

“So she left New York to be with you?”

“Yes but after we broke up she moved back to New York.”

“I see. How did you and Sam’s paths cross again after that relationship ended?”

“When I was out on New Years with my family I left to talk to Lauren,  who was visiting for the holidays, and Destiny was talking to him at the bar. At first I wasn’t aware that it was the Sam from New York but as time went on I realised who he was.”

“As we know he began working with Destiny at Langston Corp, So did you see and hear from him often?”

“I would only see or speak to him if Destiny had a work function I would go to but other than that I wouldn’t speak to or see him.”

“So what is your side to the reason Destiny quit? How do you fit into that equation?”

“The last night Destiny and Sam were in Paris I called Destiny and Sam answered her phone. He told me that he had slept with Destiny but she was in the shower. The next day after I picked Destiny up from the airport, I received the picture and message from Sam. I didn’t confront Destiny about it at first but after I did we argued and I left.”

“I assume you eventually came back.”

“Yes I did.”

“When did you see him next?”