Full of Surprises

"Mommy! Mommy! Is the cake ready?" Alannah jumped up onto the stool next to me and stood on her toes, barely being able to see over the countertop.

"Almost Alannah. You have to be patient. It'll be done soon. How about you make grandpa a pretty picture while you wait?" Her face lit up and she hopped down, running over to her crayons in the living room. I couldn't help but smile as she intensely concentrated on her paper and crayons, taking time to choose the right colors. She was a spitting image of Chres with her big curly hair, brown eyes and chubby cheeks. It seemed like just yesterday I had her but she had just turned six and was more animated than ever. You'd think with her personality and Chres' I would have gone nuts by now but I loved but of theirs little antics.

"Baby! I'm home." I heard Chres' voice come from down the hall before he came around the corner into the kitchen. He quickly pulled me in for a kiss and within seconds Alannah was at our legs trying to push us apart.

"Ewww Daddy! That's nasty." She said scrunching up her little face. Chres laughed and picked her up, kissing her on the cheek.

"Well I'm sorry princess. I didn't mean to be nasty. Have you been helping mommy today like I asked?"

"Of course Daddy! I washed fruit and stirred the cake and threw away trash." She said counting off on her hand. I smiled at the both of them. They were so cute together and Alannah was definitely a daddy's girl

"Well that's awesome. How about you go put on your dress then. Everyone will be here soon." Chres set Alannah down and she ran out of the kitchen towards the stairs. As soon as she was gone Chres turned back to me, a smirk on his face.

"Now where were we?" I turned to him and wrapped my arms around his neck while his went to my waist.

"Mmmm I don't know. Right about here I think." I leaned in a captured Chres' mouth in a kiss, pulling him closer to me. He groaned and pulled me closer while pushing me up against the counter.

"Don't tempt me woman. Everyone will be here in half an hour."

"That's enough time." I said biting my lip

"Not with Alannah running around." I sighed and detached myself from him, turning back towards the cake.

"True but did you get the wine?" I asked while icing the bottom of the cake

"Sure did and Brandon said he is bringing more just in case." He said, reaching for a strawberry off the cake. I slapped his hand away and grabbed the cake to put it in the fridge.

"Hey! Oh come on it's just one."

"No. I worked hard on this cake and I won't have you picking at it plus we need to go change anyway."

"Ugh fine but you owe me." I smirked and walked over to him, giving him a kiss.

"Believe me....I'll make it up to you tonight." Chris gave me a cocky grin and quickly picked me up, throwing me over his shoulder.

"Ahhh! Chres put me down!" I laughed as he ran up the stairs, his laughter booming through the house. He ran to our room and plopped me down on the bed, climbing on top of me.

"You know this isn't gonna help us get dressed." I said, looking up at his goofy grin.

"Well we have to get undressed to get dressed." He said seductively, his lips laying light kisses on my neck. I let out a satisfied sigh and grabbed a hold of his face, giving him a long kiss.

"Time to get up and no more funny business. I don't want everyone walking in on us doing the dirty. Especially on my Dad's birthday. He'll have a full blown heart attack." I wiggled my way from under Chres and walked to our closet, taking off my sweats along the way.