twenty-two.!

dave's pov

staring at the wall clock, listening to it tik-tok, i waited for ari's doctor to inform me how the surgery went.

i'm the only one here. she's been in surgery for 5 hours and i'm the only that stayed and waited for my baby to get out of her surgery.

not even her own sister stayed and waited for her. 

but me.

i'm not like everybody else, i don't leave unless i have to and in this situation i'm required to stay because i know ari would stay and wait for me.

she'll be cursing these doctor out about why my surgery took forever or if i'm getting the proper care.

i sighed before getting up from my seat after 5 hours and going outside just to get some fresh air. 

lowkey i was debating on rolling a blunt right here, right now but ion wanna here these doctor mouths because i might go off. 

i started picking at my nails thinking about the time ari dragged me to get a whole manicure with her saying i have construction worker hands.

our fourth date.

or the time when we went to crazy crab and she spilled all her seafood sauce on herself and she was so embarrassed because she was with me.

our seventh date.

"mr. brewster?" i looked up from my nailed before looking at the doctor to see him with a mild facial expression.

"ari has been awake for three hours now her surgery went fine, she didn't want you to see her with all her bumps and bruises but one of the nurses finally convinced me to come get you."

not even having the energy to go back and forth with the doctor i just nodded waiting for him to continue.

"she has fractured ribs that'll heal on their own and a broken leg and a slight concussion so when you go and see her i'd advised you to stay as quiet as possible."

"can i just get the room number please."

"but mr. brewster there another th-"

" i said can i get the room number please!" i stated with so much hostility in my voice.

"3298"

quickly getting up from my previous seat i went and got on the elevator to see ari. 

me being who i am, i'm wondering why she wouldn't want me to see her are bruised up. i mean it's me. i've seen her at her worst. 

i got off the elevator, walking to her room but before entering i called tae and caresha so they could come back and be there for her.

letting out a shaky breath i finally opened her door.