17~ Confessions

"Hey, can I talk to you?" Chara asked. You nodded and followed him to a field of purple flowers.

"So I'm pretty sure you know this but...I've pretty much been in love with you since we were kids. I guess I was just waiting for the right time to tell you." He said hurriedly, blushing a light purple like how he did when you were kids. You giggled and hugged him.

"I love you too." You replied. You felt something strange in your soul, as if the faded colors that had been obstructed by hate were finally breaking free. The hate in your soul had been counteracted with love. 

~

That day, you stayed home with Chara instead of going to where the so-called "villains" were plotting the taking over of the remaining universe. You knew some time or another you had to tell him that you had been threatened and pretty much forced to do their bidding. You still had to figure out how Geno managed to leave the save screen as well. 

Nothing about this made sense anymore. When you were being taught the basics of the multiverse, you knew there were other universes where alternate versions of the people you knew living in alternate universes. You weren't taught that there were creators, destroyers, neutrals, beings powered by negativity, others by positivity, the purple haired anomaly from Underswap who somehow managed to escape before their universe collapsed in on itself. 

This world was so confusing, you didn't have the slightest idea on how to navigate it. You didn't know when the universe would be attacked, who they were going to kill, anything. You assumed they'd go for the figures in power, so as to make everyone feel as if they had no one to look up to. 

Though there was no real way of knowing. You would just have to be ready for when the time came. It was much easier said than done. The stress of waiting was practically driving you insane. 

~

The time had come, Nightmare was about to kill Dream. This had to be more than just a rivalry between light and dark, a rivalry between brothers. If Dream was killed, the world would be taken over. He was the last powerful being in the last universe to exist. You had heard of it, and taken the most powerful (aside from Dream) with you. You and across would be useful as royal guards, Sam knew a lot about the multiverse and had the power to mimic the attacks of those around them, and Chara wanted to come with so you let him. 

Two royal guards, a purple-haired fugitive, and a prince. How could you four possibly defeat the king or darkness? Now was the time to find out.