6~ A New Creation

Now it was just you and Frisk. Chara was pretty much dead, as far as explanation would go. Frisk said he could see him, and hear him. You thought he might be going mad. XGaster tasked the two of you to create something, so you and Frisk decided to make a robot. There was a small problem in the programming though, he ate a lot. Which was confusing in and of itself considering robots aren't supposed to eat anything or be hungry in general.

"Welcome to life, Mettaton! We're your creators!" Frisk exclaimed. Mettaton looked confused.

"Hello. My body feels weird." He replied. Seeing as he only had a soul and no arms or legs, it was understandable. 

"Yeah, sorry about that. Neither of us know how to create arms or legs at all. Alphys is helping us, so that should be done in a few hours." You said. It seemed as if your creative side was finally showing. Mettaton looked over at one of the cables connected to him and started trying to eat it. 

"Haha, don't chew on the cables! I need you to listen carefully. XGaster has high expectations, we want to make a good first impression, right? We will show him that our creations can be perfect the way they are- STOP EATING MY LOCKET!" Frisk yelled in surprise as Mettaton started just literally eating his locket. You were just on the ground dying of laughter. 

"Robots are not supposed to have an appetite!" You said, still laughing. 

~

...

"Now destroy him." XGaster said simply. 

"W-What? But you just said that-"

"I TOLERATE your idea. Your creation, however, is hideous." 

"What more do you want from us? I'M TIRED!" You screamed, feeling something drip down your face. It was thicker than tears. 

"Y/n? Are you alright? Look at yourself, I've never seen you like this before." Frisk said, making a mirror and holding it out to you. You saw your eyes were fully black with thick ink dripping from them. Probably a side effect from being the child of someone who bleeds ink. You closed your eyes, cleared your mind, and the ink disappeared as your eyes went back to their natural color. 

...

Their soul was half corrupted. Multicolored souls are easiest to corrupt, considering they have no set trait. Rather, they switch traits depending on the situation. But when a soul gets even the smallest hint of hate, it's permanently corrupted. It's irreversible. It was only a matter of time until Y/n's soul was fully corrupted and they became nothing more than a meaningless glitch. They didn't know this, and tried to enjoy their time in XTale. Though it was something that doesn't come easily. 

How long would it last? Everyone knows XGaster is unstable. It was nearly impossible to know considering the universe could be erased for good in a matter of seconds.