Rekindle

XGaster is a candle-

***

"The plot thickens! How exciting! Everyone is really upset, haha! Which part of my act was your favorite? 'I have to admit that I can't stop them by myself! Do you think it's fair to do...the same thing that...uh. Dang! I already forgot most of what I said! Haha!" Ink said joyfully, as if the multiverse wasn't just destroyed by his own doing. 

"So, what's Phase Three about? You never told me by the way." He added, now sounding a little more serious. 

"Do not rush me." XGaster replied. It started to rain, though you were still able to see the sunset. You and Chara were standing in a small cave, now adults. The way Ink forgot he even had a child to how happy he was after inadvertently getting the multiverse destroyed disgusted you. You couldn't even bare to look at him, your "dad", though you couldn't really call him that since he didn't care about you. He looked over and noticed you and Chara standing in the small cave.

"Heeey! Chara, Y/n! You two sure grew up, nice looks! I'll miss when I was taller than you guys though..." Ink said jokingly. That was it, you were done with him. Chara summoned a knife and ran at Ink, while you just huffed and looked at the sunset. Frisk stepped in the way of Chara and Ink, holding a knife of his own. His eyes shone a purple like XGaster's. 

"I didn't change your body for nothing, Chara. Behave like the adult you're supposed to be now. Just look at your poor little brother. He is so disappointed in you." XGaster said. He sounded calm, a scary kind of calm. Chara de-summoned his knife and scoffed. 

"Soooo, the humans refuse to play with us. What's plan B?" Ink asked. In a split second, time froze. 

"There is no such thing as plan B." Alphys replied. 

~

  "So he only brought you back to laugh at your frustration?" You asked. Chara nodded. XGaster had rekindled his broken world to make an ever more broken reality. This reality didn't work. You were in Undertale, the main universe. The only goal at this point would be to stitch together a reality from the torn apart pieces of other universes.