CHAPTER 12 - Redemption

"Yes the last stone is at the seabed temple" you confirmed. You've told the Wizard King where the locations are but you haven't told him about Vangeance.

You're sure he's been speculating him aswell.

The sun shone brightly at the window, reflecting ever so gently on your face. White as snow, you've become paler than usual. Julius noticed this and held a worried look for one of his greatest captains.

He knew how hard you were working, late night completion of jobs, detective work, and how the town was dirtying your name. He knew you deserve a break and so he spoke.

"The town has been a wreck isn't it?" He started as you nodded, trying to where he was getting at.

"It has... Speaking off, I should help the Royal Capital with it's damage" you thought aloud as you heard the Wizard King sigh. You looked up at him as to why he did so, searching for answers.

"Please rest for now. You can't do anything with your current state. Undoubtedly, there will be more destruction in the future" He looked out the window, imagining.

"I know..." You said in a literal way. It's hard to know what was happening and being unable to do anything about it.

"I shall instruct my Knights if I'm unable to do anything. I must go, apologies for the inconvenience" you said with a hushed tone.

•••

After instructing the Moonlit Owls, you were strolling to see the progress they've made. You keep instructing them along the way as you heard whispers. Spotting an odd figure in the shadows.

"Look at the Captain of the Moonlit Owls. The knights are obviously struggling so why doesn't she help rather than demand?" You twitched your eyes but you know well to keep your composure.

"Is she really our captain? The past weeks, she's been going missing in action" you heard one of your own knights say.

'Ah so they've been poisoned by the rumours' you thought.

"The Vice Captains were keeping tabs on us though, maybe it's better if she was the Captain" another one said. The old knights from your squad went to increase her mana to scare them off.

'There was a reason why I chose her in the first place' you continued to snap back at them in your head.

"She's not just someone you can replace!" The Vice Captain said as you sighed. You became a Captain because of a dream but now, you've forgotten it, sealing it away.

"Maybe it is better" you said walking away from the scene. "Maybe I should take my mother's advise and marry. That way, I'm able to finally rest" you walked towards the Wizard King's office and knocked.

'If I'm not mistaken, there was this man who's interested in the (L/n) household' you thought, entering the room. You saluted at Julius Novachrono.

'It might just be him.' you thought.

"Thankyou for letting me rest but I have this thought I cannot just let go" you started the conversation, no introduction, just straight to the topic.

"Oh? And that is?" He asked in curiosity. You always brought up suggestions that benefits the entire kingdom, he was surely excited for your thoughts this time.

"I'm settling down. The Captain title should be passed down to my Vice Captain" you said as he grew wide eyed at your words.