CHAPTER 22 - Finale

William felt warm hands shaking him awake as he opened his eyes to view you. "William, look what I have!" You said holding a storybook at hand.

"E-eh? Why are you crying???" You asked him in concern as he realized it himself. He wiped the tears off his face and looked at you, "I don't remember...".

"You were dreaming about those bad guys again, aren't you?" You sighed and hugged him tightly. Something was bugging William as he gripped his small hands for easing the sense of touch.

"I couldn't remember..." He sighed in frustration as he caught sight of the storybook you were holding.

"Oh! Finally interested, I see! I found it by the river side and since you're always so lonely, why don't you have it?" You offered as he took it.

"𝑭𝒆𝒆𝒍𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒂 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇, 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒏𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒐𝒅 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒚𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒆. 𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒅𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 𝒔𝒐 𝒈𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇"

"𝑺𝒉𝒆 𝒓𝒆𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒍𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒓𝒐𝒎 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏 𝑵𝒐𝒓𝒕𝒉, 𝑬𝒂𝒔𝒕, 𝑺𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒉, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑾𝒆𝒔𝒕. 𝑶𝒏𝒄𝒆 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒉𝒆𝒍𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒎 𝒊𝒏 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒔, 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒂 𝒇𝒍𝒐𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒔𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒄𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒐𝒍𝒅𝒆𝒏 𝒅𝒂𝒘𝒏 𝒐𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒆𝒔"

"𝑷𝒍𝒂𝒄𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒕𝒐𝒏𝒆𝒔, 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒅𝒆𝒆𝒎𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒓𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏𝒔𝒊𝒅𝒆. 𝑷𝒆𝒂𝒄𝒆𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒅𝒂𝒚𝒔 𝒄𝒂𝒎𝒆, 𝒔𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓 𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒔𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒔𝒂𝒇𝒆"

"𝑨 𝒑𝒖𝒍𝒔𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒊𝒕 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓 𝒕𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏"

"This seems... Familiar" Vangeance told the othet curious child. You batted your eyelashes, wanting to know more.

"How so?" You asked him.

"Perhaps it's a simple déjà vu?" You quickly recalled the term.

"Ne, (Y/n), do you believe that déjà vu means that an alternative timeline has already done this before?" He asked, thinking of the books he had read about alternate timelines and realities.

"That's silly! But now that you've mentioned it..." You trailed off, skimming through the pages as you looked at the beautifully drawn pictures.

"They do seem familiar... this mask too" you pointed at the last page.

"Truly" Vangeance agreed.

"Ne William, it's getting kinda late isn't it?" You asked as the sun weaved a golden hue into the sky.

"I didn't even notice.." Vangeance whispered.

"It's a Golden Dawn, whooo!" You exclaimed, taking the frail noble's hand as you gestured him to sit on your favourite spot.

"Why does this all seem nostalgic" William kept saying as you tilted your head. "Perhaps we've lived this life already. I wonder what will happen?" You replied.

"Aside from that, play with me tomorrow?" You asked with hopeful eyes. William blinked his eyes at your adorable gesture and smiled.

"There! Hold that! That's a pretty smile!" You exclaimed, changing the topic in a split second. He blushed at your little comment and looked to the other side.

"Y-you need to go and rest now" William said and shooed you away.

He didn't know.

That this was the last day he was going to be with you.

Once William ensured that you went home safely, he had returned to his abode aswell. He received a news about moving out of the Forsaken Region in immediancy, and so, he did.

Day by day you waited for William to come back and realized that this seems all to familiar. This loneliness you're feeling wasn't foreign.

Days turned to weeks, weeks turned to months, and months turned into years.

"Eh? In our past lived, did he left the same way?" You asked.

"I forgot to give William the second book I found" you said and read it aloud. Since you have nothing better to do, you replicated what the book told you to do.

"This seems real yet..." You trailed off, feeling pain from your body. You know for a fact that you can't keep your illness at bay.

"I need to go to my favourite spot..." You whispered with determination. You looked up to the sky and saw the iconic Golden Dawn.

"Mou... Why am I even holding on? He's surely forgotten about me. Surely his potential had been discovered..." You said with a bitter smile.

"I guess I couldn't create a new world for him and I afterall" you clutched the skies above as your world starting to fade. "If only I could feel his presence just one more time..." You whispered, closing your eyes.

The wind gushed greatly as you heard faint words, "Wait for me, love. I'll find you and I'll love you unconditionally" at this point, tears began to fall from your face in happiness.

It might be your imagination but you heard him, you felt him pat your head, you began to love him more.

"Is it even possible to fall deeper inlove when your dying?" You chuckled sweetly.

Your eyes began to droop.

"(Y/n)!" You heard a voice call out to you. After all these years, you heard his voice and this time was true.

You snapped your eyes back open and felt life gushed from your veins. You wanted to see him, you needed to see him.

"William" you gave him a closed eye smile as he run towards you with great speed. "Thank the heaves—" he panted.

"It's been years, hasn't it?" He opened a conversation as you hummed in response. "I knew you would come back" you said, feeling the adrenaline wash out quite hastily.

"But I suppose this reunion will be cut short" you said, feeling tiredness once again. Vangeance sat next to you and made you rest your head on his shoulders.

"I suppose it has but I'm grateful that in your short life, I was able to meet you. I'll  let your rest as I will be the one to create the world you wanted" William said while staring off into the sky.

"But what is a world without you—" William stopped midway in his sentence when he noticed that you were silently sleeping on his shoulders with a relieved look.

But he knew...

That you're never waking up again.

"Sleep well, love" he kisses you on the forehead and looked back up to the sky. The scene he saw was the very same Golden Dawn.

"I wonder if your were able to live through this sickness? Will you be with me for a much more longer time?" He asked no one in particular.

"I suppose façades and insecurities was what made us be" he said in random as he saw a flash of light. It seems like an unmade memory of you and him spending time with each other when you were much older.

"That's unfair... Truly unfair..." William clutched his fists and promised that if he found a possibility of interfering with the timelines, he would prevent this from happening.

All along, it wasn't you who made the storybooks, it wasn't you who planned everything timeline to timeline.

It was a certain Masked Captain who felt guilty in all timelines. Perhaps in another timeline, he was able to save you.

"What is a world without you?"

"A world full of Façades and Insecurities"

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑭𝒂𝒄̧𝒂𝒅𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝑰𝒏𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒖𝒓𝒊𝒕𝒊𝒆𝒔 (William Vangeance x Reader) 🎉