I Wish, My Tears

𝕊𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕝𝕖𝕥 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I was raging. I was yelling and crying harder than I have ever in my life. But trust me, I meant every word that came out of my mouth while talking to Benny. I watched him walk away and turned to the boys. I told them to all go home and get some rest. I know with everything going on, it can get tough for the boys. I told them that we can get together later and have dinner or something. They all agreed. As I watched them leave I pulled out my phone. Tears started streaming down my face. I held the phone up to my ear and listened to it ring hoping she would pick up. Hoping Anna's voice would come to the phone. But there was nothing. I hung up and started running towards her house.

Time passes. Location: Anna's house (Scarlet's POV)

I knocked on the door and heard footsteps coming to open it. It was Rachel, Anna's sister. "Any news? Has she called?" As I ask this, I can see tears start to collect on Rachels lashes. "No, nothing. But my parents have been on the phone for a while. Maybe it has something to do with Anna. If I hear anything, you'll be the first person I call." "Thank you Rachel. I will come back later to check in." I walk down the street in the direction I had come. I didn't know where to go. I'm praying Anna will see my call and return it. I wish I would have never convinced her to tell Benny how she felt. I wish Benny would have just left her feelings alone. I wish I could have been a better best friend and actually been there when she needed someone.

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I got a call from Scarlet and decided not to answer it. I knew she would get on the next train to come get me if she knew I was here. Plus I didn't feel like talking about anything that had happened. Seeing Scarlet's call made me think of Benny. Tears were coming down my face fast. I stopped Chevy and put my hands over my eyes. Jack stopped and saw me crying. He jumped down from his horse and walked over to my side. He said "Anna, are you ok? What's wrong?" When he asked me that I cried harder. I couldn't give my standard answer, 'I'm fine'. I knew Jack wouldn't take that answer anyways. As I cried Jack reached up and grabbed me by my waist. He lifted me off Chevy. I tried to stand but my knees went weak and I fell onto the grass. We sat in the field and I cried into Jack's arms. He held me tight and told me everything was going to be ok. I held him as tight as I could and cried.