Time Passes

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I woke up the next morning feeling like hell. I was tired and I just wanted to lay in bed all day. I started thinking about the boys which lead me to think about Benny. I miss them so much. Thinking about Benny made me cry and I knew this was going to be a tough day. But I knew if I didn't get up my grandma was going to come barging in. So I got up, changed clothes, did my hair, and did my makeup. I thought that maybe if I looked nice today, it would hide the fact of how I actually felt inside. I was on my phone when I saw a voicemail. The voicemail was from Benny. I knew I should just delete it but there was a part of me that wanted to listen to it. So I did:

Benny: Hey Anna. I knew you weren't probably going to answer so. I don't really know what to say. I just need to hear your voice and know that everything is ok. I know why you ran away, I know it was because of me. I know I broke my promise, my promise to never hurt you. You were right. It was a promise I couldn't keep. I just want you to be happy Anna. But please come home. I will stay out of your life if that's what you need. I just miss my best friend. Call me back please.

(Voicemail ended)

𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕪 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I woke up this morning feeling like crap. I knew I had to make a decision that would make or break my life today. But I still didn't have an answer or a choice to this decision yet. I checked my phone to see if Anna had returned my call but there was nothing there. If she didn't call me back by the end of the day, then I think I know what my decision would be. As I was looking at my phone I head a knock at the window. I jumped because I hadn't heard a knock at my window for a while. But it wasn't who I thought it was. It was Rachel. I was shocked to see her but I opened it. "Hi Benny, can we talk?" I looked at her and I knew she was serious so I said "Sure, I will meet you on the curb." I shut the window and headed outside. I met her on the curb and sat down next to her. "Listen," she started to say "I know where Anna is. She is fine but you can tell she is hurt. Plus, I know you must be hurting too Benny." "How can I not be Rachel. I told you I would always have Anna's back and protect her. But I hurt her. I can't do this anymore Rachel. I'm done. Sorry but I'm going to forget about Anna and move on. Cause I have someone who loves me. I got to go." I got up and walked inside. I pulled out my phone and texted Destiny to meet me at the treehouse.

Time passes. Location: Tree house (Benny's POV)

I beat Destiny to the treehouse. I climbed in and just sat for a moment. I finally had come to a decision. As I looked around at the treehouse, so many memories came rushing back. Times of me, Anna, and the boys laughing our heads off, telling scary stories, staying up all night, watching the stars. That was when times were perfect and couldn't get any better. But life changes and so do people. I guess it was time I needed to change. I hear Destiny and climb down. "Have you come to a decision?" She says this with her arms crossed waiting for a response. "Yes, I have. I choose you. I love you Destiny and I am not about to let some crapy people get in my way. I'm going to cut Anna out of my life and forget everything that has happened. I'm sorry I put you through that. But I'm done with those people." She jumped into my arms and hugged me tight. I don't know why but I knew I wasn't fully ok with my decision but I knew I would learn to live with it.