Can't Change That

ℝ𝕒𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕝 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

It was late. Like 4:00 in the morning late. My grandparents were asleep and I just kept tossing and turning. Knowing that Anna hasn't come home yet makes me nervous. I just don't want her to hurt anymore. We have always had a good relationship and so when she didn't come to be about Benny, I knew it was something that was bigger than the both of us. I get up and head down stairs. I grab a glass of water and sit at the kitchen table. I cup my hands over my eyes but then I hear a noise. It was the front door opening. I look up and it's Anna. Something looks up. "Oh...I didn't think anyone was up. Did I wake you or something?" I look into her eyes and I could tell she had been crying. She tries to hide it, and if you didn't know her you wouldn't even be able to tell she had been, but being her sister I could see it from a mile away. "No, you didn't wake me. I could sleep. Sit?" She sits across the table from me and just looks down at her hands. I look at her. She's like a heart necklace. Loving and caring and would hold love for everyone. But then one day someone took her and broke her into pieces. I know who that someone is. There is silence between us that I can't take. "Listen, Anna. I'm sorry for showing up here. In Springwood. I know you are going through a rough time. I just wished that you would have came to me before leaving, we could have worked it out. But—" She cut me off and started saying "No, I get it. I just, I don't even know anymore. I realized something tonight. I finally got an answer. No matter where I go. Home or Springwood or anywhere. I'll always be the problem. You can't change that, Mom and Dad can't change that, grandma and grandpa can't change that, Jack can't change that, not even Benny can change that. But I just need to except that I'm not fit for someone to love me. I'll be ready in an hour to leave. We can catch a train home. Leave here by 5:00 am. I'll even manage to try and and wake grandma and grandpa to say goodbye." Before I could say anything she walked up the stairs and to her room to start packing.

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I was all packed up. My bag was by the door and Rachel had managed to get grandma and grandpa up. They couldn't believe were were leaving at 5 in the morning but it was just best. By this time it started raining. Rachel was saying goodbye to them while I was in the barn. I went to Chevy's stall. I wrapped my arms around him and just hugged him tight. I gave him one last brush. I didn't know how long it would be till I saw him again. But Chevy always made me feel like home no matter where I was. I walked out of the barn and rain started to pour heavier. I quickly ran to the front porch and yelled "Rachel I'll be right back!" I didn't know if she heard me or not but it didn't matter. I ran to Jack's house. When I had arrived I pulled a note out of my pocket and put it in his mail box. I had to hurry so the rain didn't get it soaked. I put it in but when I look up Jack was standing at the front door. He walked towards me but I stoped him. At this point I'm yelling so he could hear me over the heavy rainstorm "Stop! Don't come closer! I have to go, I'm sorry I'm leaving! But all in all, it's best this way! Just read my letter!" Before he could run after me I sprint off as fast as I can back towards my house. At this point I couldn't tell the difference between by tears and the rain.