Type Of Hug

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I almost lost my breath. It was my sister. Rachel. In the door way. Here! In Springwood!! "What are you doing here? I'm not seeing things am I?" She walks over to me and opens her arms. I was so in shocked that I barley hugged her back. I hadn't seen anyone from back home since I left and I honestly wasn't expecting to. I had a plan to stay here as long as possible. But I didn't know what was going to happen now. "I just wanted to see you and talk to you. I missed you." At this point I was mad. I knew I shouldn't have been but I was. "Nope. I know why you're here. You're here to take me back." My grandma and grandpa were standing right beside my sister at this point. I continued to say "Were they in on this too? Really guys!! I trusted you grandma!!!" They all looked at me and didn't say a word. "Oh I get it! You guys think I'm crazy!! That I need to come home now!!!!" I was so upset. "I can't talk right now! I have plans, Jack should be here any minute." I walked towards the door but they blocked me from it and wouldn't let me pass. "Jack!! Are you kidding me Anna!? I knew it, what only about a week or two of being here and you're already hanging out with him again!!! What did I say!?" Rachel was telling me all this and usually I would have already started crying but I was all out of tears for today. "Listen you don't know shit! You haven't even been here for me and now what?! You wanna play hero?!! Go ahead, be my guest! But I ain't dealing with this crap! You guys think I can't get out of this house, trust me I'm the master at running!" Before they let a single word out I bolted. I headed for the back door, ran around the house, and headed for the barn. I grabbed Chevy, saddled him up, and took off toward the dock.

Time passes. Location: riding toward the dock, almost there. (Anna POV)

I knew Jack would show up at the house and I wouldn't be there. I knew I had run out again on him. But at this point Jack was the least of my concern. I can't go back!!! No one understands why though!! Only me. If I go back, I have to face the boys. Crap, I gotta face the one person who brings me pain. Pain like I've never felt. That person is Benny. If I go back, what am I gonna do? I know I'll have Scarlet and the boys backing me up, but I could still stand in a crowded room and feel all alone. No matter where I am! I wanna scream at the top of my lungs. Top of my throat. But for some reason my pain is holding me back. I arrive at the dock and get off of Chevy. I tie him to the tree and walk out of the dock. I get to the edge and look down into the water. That's when I lose. Will this pain ever go away? And if so, when? My whole family thinks I've lost it. Everyone thinks I'm a runner. Which I am!! Why?! I need answers but I could travel the world. Run from high to low and never receive the answers.

ℝ𝕒𝕔𝕙𝕖𝕝 ℙ𝕆𝕍

I was in shock a little. I couldn't believe what my sister had just said to me. I was snapped out of my thoughts when my grandma touched by shoulder and said "I know this wasn't the greeting you were hoping for but she'll come back. She's tougher than we think. We baby her because she is the youngest but strong. She'll pull through." I just bit tongue and kept my feelings to myself. My grandma is right, I wasn't expecting that. I sat at the table while my grandparents went to the living room. I took a couple deep breaths and then I heard the door. My eyes widen and I said "I'll get it!" I walked over to open it and it was Jack. He was really shocked to see me. I guess everyone is shocked tonight. "Ohh umm hi Rachel. I didn't know you were coming up to Springwood. Do you know where Anna is?" The little boy I remember always running around with my sister was grown up. "Umm... yeah... Anna ran out. We go into a little fight." His eyes kind of lost their spark as he said "Do you know where she went?" I sighed and said "No, but I think she will come back after she cools off. She took Chevy with her. But, piece of advice Jack, just leave her. I think she needs room. She needs to find herself again." He didn't say anything and just nodded. I reached out and opened my arms. Yeah, I know. No matter how much I may hate him for what happened a year ago, I still care. He hugged me back and then walked off the porch.

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I had collected myself by now. I just leaned my back against the tree trunk I had tied Chevy to. I took deep breathe and closed my eyes. I could feel the dry tears on my checks, the way my eyes felt tired from crying, and the way I was exhausted from running. I felt the breeze of the cold night air hit my arms. It made me think of the time I was cold and Benny gave me his hoodie. It was the night of the fair and he told me it looked good on me. I could feel a single drop of a tear come down my face. I missed. My feeling hadn't changed. I still loved, with all my heart, Benny Rodriguez. I don't know why. I couldn't explain it even if someone asked. The feeling was just there.

A while later I hear something. It sounded like footsteps. I look around and see no one. I start getting nervous. Until I hear a familiar voice. I knew that voice. That voice has replayed in my head over and over. I look straight ahead. I see him. He's walking towards me. His baseball cap is as blue as can be. His jersey has the number 30 on it. It was Benny. He was walking toward me. I got up and walked towards him. Tears were streaming down my face. At this point, we were standing so close. He wrapped his hands around my waist and pulled me into a hug. It was the type of hug that melted all the pain away. When we finally stopped hugging we just looked at each other. But then he let me go. He started to walk away. I tried to yell his name but it was no use. He was gone....

I fluttered my eyes open. Breathing heavy and not knowing what just happen. It was still dark all around me. I look around to clarify where I'm at and if I am really awake. It feels like the air had been sucked out of me because I realized, in that moment, it was all a dream. I look at the time and it's two in the morning. At this point, it was freezing. So I untie Chevy and hop on him. I start riding back to the house.