Face of the Earth

𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕪 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I woke up to a loud knock on my window. It feels likes it been years since I had heard someone at my window; a certain someone. I got up to see who it was. It was the boys holding a new baseball. It looked like it has just come out of the box. I slide open my window and just look at all of them. I hadn't seen them in a while. I hadn't even gotten close to a baseball since the whole chasing Destiny. "What do you guys want? There has to be a reason why you guys are here, we haven't spoken in a while." "Oh, and who's fault is that?" I looked over at Ham who had said this. He looked upset but in a way that was different. "Listen Benny," squints started to say "we miss you at the sandlot. I know things have gotten a bit rough between all of us lately and we have all said things that were just not the nicest. But we truly miss our best friend and big brother." I all looked at them to see if this was true. I could see it on their faces that it was. 100%. I wanted to go badly but I knew Destiny would be pissed if she found bee hanging with the boys. But, honestly, she hadn't texted nor called me in days. Like she is avoiding me. Whatever I'm done waiting by the phone. "I miss you suckers too. Let's go play some ball you weirdos!!" They all jumped for joy after I said this. But seeing their joy put a smile on my face. Something I hadn't done in a while.

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I fed Chevy and put him in his stall. I could feel how heavy my eye lids where and just how overall tired I was. I stopped for a minute and and collected myself before I attempted making my way towards the house. I was half way to the front porch when I stopped and turned in the opposite direction. I was heading towards Jack's house. I owed him an apology. I looked down at my phone and I was about 3:30 in the morning. I went around to the back of his house to try and throw something at his window to wake him up. I paused for a moment to see if he would come to the window. He came to the window and saw me. But then he disappeared. I just looked up at his window wondering if he was mad at me or if he would come back to the window. Suddenly I felt someone grab my waist from behind and pull me into them. I was about to scream when I realized it was Jack. "You scared me!!" I said in a yelling whisper. "Hahaha sorry. I didn't mean to scare you. Actually yeah I meant to." He smiled that small perfect smile of his. "Listen I am so sorry about tonight. I had just gotten into an argument with my sister and I blew up. I'm sorry I didn't call you or text you." "Hey, listen," he grabbed both my hands and held them in his as he said "don't apologize. I know how hard its been lately. It can feel like you're falling off the face of the Earth sometimes, but no matter what, I am always here for you." I looked into his big hazel eyes. He pulled me in closer. The next thing I knew, our lips were locked on one another. I pulled away and said "Umm... I have to go...um...yeah." I backed away and started walking as fast I could back to my grandparents house.