I'm Not A Fragile Little Girl

𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕪 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

Life has been okay. I started playing baseball with the boys again. But Destiny has no idea. I wouldn't be alive right now if she knew I was hanging out with them again. The only reason she doesn't know is because she has been M.I.A for a couple of days. I've tried to call her and text her, no response. I even have stopped by her house a couple of times but every time I did no one would answer the door. I have a feeling something is going on but I'm not sure. But everything besides Destiny had been good. Just trying to get on with life. I snap out of my thoughts when I hear a knock on my window. I get up to see who it is. It's the boys. "Benny man get up and meet us at the Sandlot for a game." I nodded my head and watched them all race towards the Sandlot. I look at my phone and its 7 in the morning. I walk toward my closet and grab something to wear. I grab my jersey off the hook in my closet. Before I can fully grab it, it falls to the floor. I bend down and reach in the back of my closet where it fell. Not being able to see a thing I grab my jersey but feel something else right next to it. It was a picture frame. I grab my jersey then reach back in to grab the frame. The frame is full of dust so I can barley see the picture inside of it. I wipe away the dust and as I do the picture starts to reveal itself. Its a picture of me and Anna. It was the night of the fair. The night that felt so long ago. I stare at it and can feel my eyes start to water. But then anger hits me. I throw the picture on my bed and run downstairs to find a trash bag. I head back up stairs and start going through my stuff of anything that is or reminds me of Anna. I start by throwing the fame into the bag. I find some old pictures of us and tear them into piece and throw them in the bag. I found the hoodie that I let her wear at the fair and threw it in there. Anger had a hold of me. I wanted her out of my life...for good.

𝕊𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕝𝕖𝕥 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I haven't heard from Anna in weeks. I gave up trying to contact her once we knew she was safe. Her sister, Rachel, told me it was best to give her space. Space, she wants space. I'm her best friend. That's what she needs. Rachel never told me where she was exactly but knowing Anna I have a pretty idea where she is. We all have our flaws. Some worse then others. But Anna is pretty perfect. She puts everyone before herself no matter who is maybe. But Anna has one major flaw. Running. Running away when things get tough and she doesn't want to face her problems. I should have known what was going on between her and Benny. I should have noticed it. I shouldn't have pushed her to go and tell him her feelings. If me and the boys wouldn't have she wouldn't have seen Benny and Destiny and she wouldn't have ran away. But I can't start on the what ifs or even just the ifs. I haven't seen nor heard from the boys or Rodriguez. I've stayed away because I think that's what is best. I miss Anna and I don't know when she is coming home. I just hope it is soon. Thinking about Anna made me feel the urge to call her. I pressed down on her name in my phone and held it up to my ear to hear it ring. It went straight to voicemail.

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I got a call from Scarlet and immediately declined it. I haven't heard from her in weeks. Not even a text. I mean I wouldn't blame her. She is probably so tired of having a best friend always running out. Was probably so sick and tired of my crap over Benny. I look over at my sister who is sitting in the booth across from me. "Did you tell anyone we were coming home today? Like mom or dad or—" She kept her gaze on what she was reading and said "No, no one knows we are coming home today. Not even Mom and Dad." "But do you think grandma may have called them." I she stops reading and looks into my eyes. "No Anna. I told her not too and if anything it is still early. Everyone is probably still asleep or just starting their day." I sighed and just looked out the window. The train was moving so fast, I wish it would slow down. I don't know why I decided to leave Springwood. Maybe I'm not ready to face anyone. Maybe its just not the time. I think about me and Benny and what it will be like when I get back. I think about where are friendship is, where we stand. Uggg thinking about it makes me want to get up and run. I haven't even made it home and I already wanna run. I hate this, I don't wanna face anyone back home. I'm not ready. I feel the tears stream down my face but I continue to keep my gaze on the window. I can feel a pair of eyes on me. I know its probably my sister. I want to look over and say "What?" I immediately cup my hand over my mouth realizing I not only thought it I said it out loud to my sister. "Nothing. Anna listen. I just want you to know that you don't have to run. I'm here for you, Scarlet is here for you, and I bet even the boys are here for you. I just want you—" I cut her off and said "I don't want your guys pity and pretending like I am so fragile little girl that you guys have to be careful with. I don't want you guys to think that you have to be careful of what you say to me or else if it's the wrong thing I will run. No! I only run cause thats how I cope with things, ok?! Listen, Racheal I just want this to be a peaceful rest of the way home. I don't want your pep talk, I'm sorry." I kept my gaze on the window the whole time I talked to her. I couldn't force myself to look into her eyes.