Just a Field...Right?

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

Legs weak, hands shaking, barley breathing. I felt like the rope I was holding onto was about to snap and I didn't know how much longer I would last. I walked downstairs to see my family gathered around waiting on me. My sister giving me a dirty look. My parents just happy I came out of my room. Me barely breathing like I said. We walked out of the house and as my parents shut the door behind them I looked out at the street; at our block. Filled from one end of the block to the next were people, tables, food, and kids. Enjoying themselves and having fun. My parents quickly walked over to all their friends while my sister went to go meet up with her group of friends. I stood there alone for a minute and then snapped myself out of it. I couldn't look weird standing there all alone. I walked near my parents which made their friends look over at me and ask how I was. I looked at my parents for a split second and they had this look on their face as if they didn't want me to speak. Afraid I would tell their friends how not so perfect I was or our family was. But for them I smiled that little precious little girl smile I had perfected over time and said "I'm doing great, thank you for asking! And you how is everyone?" I made light conversation and then excused myself as soon as I got the chance. I walked away, hand over stomach feeling as if I was about to throw up. As I was walking down the rest of the block, staying away from any and all adults, I ran into my sister and her friends sitting on a curb kinda away from things. I went up to my sister and sat right next to her. She didn't even look at me never the less say anything to me. But I tapped her on the shoulder and said "Rachel, look I'm sorry for everything. Sorry I shut you out and continue to. I'm sorry about just everything. It meant a lot that you cared enough to come get me in SpringWood even when I yelled at you for doing so." She just looked at me and I didn't know what would come next. At this point her friends had gone quiet and were looking at the both of us. "Its fine whatever, I really could care less at this point Anna." I didn't know what to say. "Come on guys lets go." Her and her friends got up and walked away. I was now just sitting on the curb by myself. Shocked and confused at what my sister had just said, I sat there. With my knees curled up to my chest. Looking alone.

𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕪 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I had picked up Destiny and we had made it to the party. It took her a while to say hi to everyone but while she did this she dragged me along with her. At one point she got tired of introducing me, so she pointed to where I could go sit and wait for her. I did exactly what she told me to. I always did. I sat on the couch where I was waiting for her. I looked around at the big huge party at this big huge expensive house. It just made me feel worse about skipping the block party, about how I could be laughing with the boys, and running off to go play a game with them at the Sandlot. But I was snapped out of my thoughts when Destiny sat on my lap. She looked at me and then continued looking around. It was as if she was looking for someone. "Everything okay Des?" I guess I had snapped her out of her thoughts cause she said "Oh what did you say? Sorry didn't hear you." I paused and looked at her for a moment and said "I just asked if everything—" but before I could finish my sentence she sprung up and started to walk away. But quickly turning back to me she kissed me on the cheek saying "I'm going to get a drink and I'll bring you back one too." She was gone before I knew it. There I was, again. Looking alone because...I was alone.

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

On the brink of running and just taking a walk somewhere else, I feel a pair of eyes on me. Make that pairs of eyes. My heart races not knowing whether I just lift my head out of my knees. When I look up, all around me were familiar faces looking down at me. Jaws opened, eyes wide, in full shock. These faces I looked at every single one of them. These faces made me feel home. It was like they had all counted to three at the same time because they all had the same idea at the same time. They all jumped on me. Before I knew it I was in a huge dog pile. I was with my boys. All I heard were loud voices, laughter, and pure joy. Once I was able to actually see the sky again and the dog pile had cleared up, I looked at each little face that sat in-front of me. The first one to say anything of course was Ham "Anna what the—where have you—we can't believe your—we" I laughed and looked around at all of them. "I missed you boys too." I talked to each and everyone of them. These were my brothers, my boys. I had told them the whole story and how everything went down. They deserved to know why I disappeared. We sat there on that curb for a long time. While I told them my story, they told me about everything going on at home. They were trying to beat around the bush so I said "So...how's Benny?" They all froze and didn't really know what to say. "Forget I asked in all honestly I don't wanna know." "He isn't here at the block party, he is still together with Destiny and she dragged him to a party today." The boys all threw groans at Smalls for saying that but I told them it was okay. A weight lifted off my shoulders knowing I wouldn't have to face Benny here and now. The boys could tell I was in an awkward state so it wasn't long before Ham said "TO THE SANDLOT!!!!!" They all jumped for joy and started pulling me along. It had been a while since I'd been there and I didn't know if I could go back. But whatever its just a field right?