Looking Back

𝔻𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕪 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

"Leave me alone Benny!!" I said as tears were streaming down my face. I was done at this point. Benny's friends were unbelievable and I was done dealing with their crap. "Destiny please stop. Destiny come on." I turned around to see Benny right behind me. "Don't 'come on' me Benny! I am so sick of your friends always treating me like shit. They don't like me and I clearly know why." I realize that I am yelling and that Benny's eyes are turning red. But I don't care because I can't handle this shit anymore. "Destiny I will talk to them. I'll make them understand." "Then what! You'll talk to them so they can say all that stuff again." "I'll talk to Scarlet and give her a piece—" I cut him off before he could finish his sentence and said "NO!!! You know what Benny, I didn't want to have to do this but you need to pick. ME OR THEM? I will give you by sunset tomorrow. Meet me by the treehouse." I walked away before he had a chance to get a word out.

𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕪 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

Now what! Why is my life falling apart? I just need to think. I walk back to the sandlot and start pitching to myself. But I can't hit a single one. So I drop my bat and sit down on home plate. I pull out my phone. I hold it up to my ear and listen to it ring. Hoping Anna will pick up just so I can hear her voice. It goes to voicemail and I leave her one. I hang up the phone and yell as loud as I can. As I hear my own echo I also hear footsteps. I look up and I see Scarlet walking towards me. "Remember when I first met you Rodriguez. It was late at night like this and you found me and Anna screaming like you just were. Right on the pitchers mound." I couldn't believe she was being nice to me but then she said "Yeah, I remember walking away to let you guys talk. As I watched you guys I knew something was there. Like a spark, you know." I looked up at her because at this point I was still siting on home plate and I said "Scarlet I really don't wanna hear this—" She cut me off before I could finish "Please let me talk and then you can say whatever you want. Anyway, I saw something between you too. I could tell just by looking at you guys. But as Anna came walking towards me so that we could leave she had tears running down her face. I asked what had happened but all she did was fall into my arms and say 'Benny Rodriguez will never be mine and I will never be his.' I just held in my arms and comforted her." I couldn't believe Scarlet was telling me this. I remember that night like it was yesterday. As I kept thinking she sat next to me and hugged her knees. "Listen Benny, I meant what I said the other day. I know I was mean about it but I don't regret it. Anna loved you. I don't know if she still does but what I saw that night, between you two, was chemistry. Something irreplaceable, something that people would die to have, something that just doesn't fade away." "Why are you telling me all this Scarlet? It's already hard enough as it is and I don't need—" She cut me off and blurted out, "I know where Anna is! She's safe and she's fine. I'm not even supposed to know but her sister told me. Anna didn't want any of us to know where she was because she didn't want us to come looking for her." "WHAT THE HELL!!!!" I couldn't believe what Scarlet was saying. She rose to her feet and started walking away. I ran up to her and stopped her. "You can't just say that Scarlet and walk away." "Benny I should have never told you cause I knew you were going to do this. I can't tell you where she is. She just needs time and space." She pushed me out of the way and ran out of the Sandlot.

***Hours before***

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I called my parents when I got home from the ride with Jack. I told them everything and where I was. I didn't tell them why I was here or what made me run away. But I told them that I was safe and everything was going to be alright. They agreed to let me stay for a while and not to come and get me. But I needed to talk to my sister. I missed her. Even though we sometimes don't get along, I still love her. So I told my parents to pass the phone to my sister.

Rachel: Anna? Anna!!! Are you ok? What were you thinking!? You can't do that and—

Anna: Rachel, I'm ok. Don't worry, I'm in Springwood with Grandma and Grandpa. I miss you a lot. But I just had to, everything was falling apart.

Rachel: With Benny?

Anna: Yeah. I couldn't handle it anymore. I just needed to get away. But I wish I would have told you first but there was just no time. Everything happened so fast. But could you promise me something?

Rachel: Anything...What is it?

Anna: Don't tell any of the boys where I am! Especially not Benny. I can't see them. Plus I can't risk them coming here to get me or just even calling me. You can tell Scarlet, I guess, but tell her not to tell them anything. Please Rachel? I believe in you.

Rachel: Anna...I promise you, with all my heart. Just stay safe and be careful. Hey and Anna?

Anna: Yes?

Rachel: Don't get close to Jack again. Remember what happened. Just keep your guard up and keep your distance a little. Promise me that.

Anna: Promise.

As I said this to my sister, I thought to myself 'that maybe a promise I won't be able to keep.'

*Reference to chapter 4 of the first book. Scarlet it talking about that night* Lol, hope you guys are liking the story so far. Put in the comments on your opinions or ideas. Thank you guys!