Someone I Use To Know

𝔸𝕟𝕟𝕒 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

My eyes slowly start to open. I toss and turn until finally I find my phone among the covers. I glance at the time and it's already 5:00 pm. I slept for about for about 5 hours which I couldn't believe. I get up and walk to the window to look outside. The street was calm and suddenly my neighborhood didn't feel like my neighborhood. It didn't feel like my street; it didn't feel like home. I felt like a stranger and like I was lost just trying to find my way. Like this place was a stop along the way. I turn suddenly when I hear a knock on my door. My heart kind of drops wondering who it could be. "Hey, it's me. I just wanted to see how you are doing. Can I come in?" It was my sister. About a couple of months ago I would have let her in. She would have come and sat on my bed with me and we would have talked about things happening in our lives. She would give me advice and, if I could, I would give her advice. But times have changed and I didn't want nor need a talk right now. "I'm not feeling it Rach, just please leave me alone." I heard her take a deep breath in and lean her weight on the door a little more. She didn't say anything. I could tell she wanted to but couldn't. I heard her footsteps as she walked away. I starred out my window and felt the tears fall down my face. I didn't even try to fight it. Yes I wanted her to tell me everything was going to be ok and that I was going to get through this. But I think even if she told me all that stuff, I wouldn't have believed her anyway.

𝔹𝕖𝕟𝕟𝕪 ℙ𝕆𝕍:

I knew my mom had cooked dinner but I wasn't hungry. I was just tired and over everything. I haven't heard from Destiny in weeks. Not even a text message nor a call. I think something is up but I don't even know. I really don't have any energy to deal with Destiny. When I'm with her I don't feel like I'm me. I feel like I'm pretending to be someone I'm not. I feel like I'm trying to change just to make her happy and to satisfy her. It's unbelievable because I couldn't have realized this months ago. I had someone who made me feel like I was everything. Someone who made me feel like I could be myself no matter what. Someone who I trusted with my life and would actually listen to every word that left my mouth. Someone who took care of me when I had fallen. Someone who brought light into my world when everything, and I mean everything, seemed dark. They were perfect in every which way. I had someone who loved me but I didn't nor could love them back. Even if she was just my best friend, she was in my life. Now...I don't even know where she is and I don't even think I can call what we have a friendship anymore. Now she is just someone that I used to know.