ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟠~ 𝕊𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕊𝕒𝕗𝕖

Last chapter (sort of), and can I just say it's been quite an adventure! I'll blabber on about my final speech for this story later, but for now, let's pick up where we've left off!

Stay in tune for the epilogue as well (don't let the "completed sign fool you) UwU

[Katsuki's POV]

I was falling.

I was falling and I couldn't stop.

Why did I jump? WHY DID I JUMP?!

I look beside me and see Izuku falling freely, arms widespread and hair ruffling skywards as windows behind him rush past. He looked peaceful, even though we were seconds from dying, and he hadn't noticed, at that moment, that I was falling next to him.

A time bomb was ticking in the back of my head, and for a second, I really didn't want either me or Izuku to die. Nothing, in life, is so bad, to the extent to where you have to kill yourself! I am the worse person possibly of all time, but it wasn't worth it for me to die! Because I didn't want to go back into that nightmare of a loop! I didn't want to leave the mother who I had mistreated for so long! I didn't want to leave the boy whom I had finally fallen in love with!

And I couldn't let him die either!

In a split second, I grab his hand, a small startled expression gracing his face, and one of my hands comes out, launching myself with as many explosions as I could, back onto the roof. The same explosions with the same hands that had caused so much pain and harm. I throw Izuku up a little so I could catch him and take the impact from his fall to the concrete.

It happened so fast.

But it was better than meeting the gravel below.

I'm panting heavily, trying to slow my breathing as I closed my eyes, in slight disbelief on what I had just done. The body, now in my arms, was alive, the weak rise and fall of his chest blossoming relief. It was cut short, however, when the body was torn from my loose embrace, sobs now filling the quiet space between us. Momentary confusion passes through me.

"WHY KACCHAN?! I WAS SO CLOSE!" It dawned on me how much Izuku had been suffering. How much he had gone through. How much he wanted... this. He wanted to die so bad and the one good thing he could've had, I had taken away from him. Again.

And it was me who is to blame, not him.

He didn't deserve this. He never deserved this!

"I NEEDED IT! WHY DIDN'T YOU LET ME DIE?! WHY?! WHY?!" Another thing hit me.

He will still want to jump off.

How do I not let him?!

Help me! My mind was crashing, and I was in the midst of blind panic, not knowing what to do!

He was going to die!

I have to save him! But how?! FUCK!

The pain and the memories and the hate and the desperation all now mixed together created a concoction of negativity, one that was too bitter for me to drink. I'm searching urgently in every corner of my head, waiting for an answer. Nothing. NOTHING!

Too much!

I look at my hands, the ones I had used to save Izuku. But the exact same ones that abused him and hurt him. The ones that are forever coated in blood. His blood. I can't wash it off! I can't get rid of it's smell! IT'S STILL THERE!

I look back up at Izuku, only to see him walking towards the edge of the building, and me, through my helpless state, screams out in tears, pleads pouring through my mouth.