ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟘~ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔽𝕒𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕚𝕒𝕣

THIS CHAPTER WILL BE SUPER GOOD I WAS LOOKING FORWARD TO IT ALL DAY AUBFSIRBGOBAGAHT

Also, thanks for actually reading the kirikami book lol!

10th Chapter :)

[No one's POV]

Approximately 1 year later...

Not much had happened over the last few months. Katsuki had successfully gotten into UA, the place not only he had wanted to go to, but Izuku as well. He hadn't seen that mob of green fluffy hair at the entrance exam, and was beyond downhearted when he saw the seat behind him occupied by another student.

The blonde had continued to be reserved, even more so than his old school and, though that annoying redhead kept nagging and prying Katsuki open, his lips still remained as tight as a vault. His personality had changed entirely, and he was almost shy to speak his mind. If his classmates had known of his previous nature, some would probably be relieved with this sudden character development, others perhaps concerned. However, no one knew, and no one grew suspicious, letting the explosion user to live in his own world. If he didn't want to move in with the class, no one would force him to.

Perhaps this tormenting punishment was too harsh, Katsuki missing his victim so much that it hurt. It was better than any other time because him missing the greenette was nothing to do with how it affected his pride or himself. This time, he saw himself as a genuine monster, and that he was the cause of this. Saving the nerd, if he ever got another chance to, would only have been because he simply missed his company too much. He was suffering too much to know exactly why he had missed him so much.

Did he really grow a sudden attachment to Izuku when he "died", or did he always have this attachment?

The blonde didn't care why though. He just wanted to get rid of it, because the loop constantly replaying in his head didn't stop, cursed memories burning inside his eyelids. Making sure he would never forget. Which he shouldn't, because he felt like he deserved everything. But he also wanted it to stop. His mind was more than a frenzy, painfully buzzing to the extent where he was almost driven to insanity. It explains why there were several torn posters and broken fragments of different materials strewn across his bedroom floor and sitting in his dustbin

Thankfully, after Katsuki's mood change and reserve, his parents were too worried to prompt him in cleaning his room. They thought he was still suffering from the grief of his lost "friend".

Katsuki was, at this point, tired. Tired of feeling. Tired of laying awake late and night and thinking about a boy he wished were still alive. Tired  of being in pain. Tired of everything being a loop, monotonous, waking up and going to school and coming home and being consumed by emotions and everything happening all over again.

Was there any point in living if he was only ever suffocating on his emotions to the extent where nothing else mattered than him trying to breathe again? The weight on his chest only grew heavier, and the buzzing in his head hardly allowed him to concentrate. 

They say that grief is temporary, and eventually people will find a way to move on.

But Katsuki could only see an endless matrix of pain, and it only got worse as the days tick by.

It was a soft evening one day Katsuki walked home, the sun sinking once again. Another useless day over and done with. How many more days were there of the same torture? The blonde kicked a pebble on the walkway, remembering briefly his previous walk down the exact same pavement almost a year ago, moments before that horrendous sludge monster suffocated him. The thought made the hairs on his neck rise up, muscles tensing in preparation for another attack to happen that moment.