ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟙~ 𝔹𝕝𝕠𝕠𝕕 𝕠𝕗 𝔸𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣

Head's up warning: This chapter will contain blood and a slow death... I think... Have fun :D

[Katsuki's POV]

I couldn't say I didn't expect this, but seeing what was made of the same Izuku I knew back at school and the reality hitting me was like a huge blow to my shins

He is alive.

That was the first thing I thought. Nothing else mattered. What I found quite odd, however, was that I was crying. I wasn't sad, and that was most definite. In fact, I was the opposite! I was too overwhelmed that Izuku, the one person who I've missed so much and felt tremendous guilt for being responsible for his death, was alive all this time! And I guess I cried as an outcome of it. That explains the tears at least. The gaping emptiness in my chest was almost woven back together. Still painful, but it was less painful than it was before.

It wasn't for long though, because that thought was briefly followed by another.

He is a villain.

It would be a lie to say I wasn't scared. I've never felt so emotionally and physically vulnerable than that moment. I couldn't use my quirk, I was pretty much paralysed to the ground. And what made it even worse was that I had no energy to get back up. My head was hazy. In this current position, Izuku could do anything and everything he wanted, and after all the shit I put him through, I wasn't sure he wouldn't be holding back. The stitches were starting to snap.

One last thought.

Because of you.

I've told this to myself numerous times and, with my emotions being so frenzied and weak, I couldn't help but feel remorse and hurt. I was the one who crushed Izuku's dreams. Every time we were with each other as kids and he looked into the starry sky with hopes of becoming the Number 1 hero, I was always there to squash him back down to the ground. And look at what that had done. 

I've turned him into a killer. 

It was me! It was always me! It was always me, the one who caused his pain and drove him to suicide! And to becoming a villain! If anything, this was the most heart-breaking realisation! Him being dead was not as bad when compared to this guilt! All that talk when he was in elementary about saving as many people as possible and being the one people look up to and being selfless for others, all crumbled and thrown into the infernos I had fuelled and lit! It's too late to feel guilty now, Bakugo! This pain is the pain I deserve!

I snap out when I hear horrendous and sick giggling, like that of a psychopath. And I'm pretty sure that's what Izuku turned into. Scratch that, it was what I turned Izuku into.

"You seem awfully shocked, Kacchan! Did you miss me?" P-Please... the sight alone made me want to close my eyes and hope it was all a dream! But my eyelids remain unresponsive, captured in his bone-chilling gaze. He snickers out of mockery. "What has become of you, Number 1? It looks like you're now the fucking weak ass!" 

I want to avert my stare, feeling tremendously uncomfortable, but I couldn't. Physically. His language was bitter and sour, and I could only think that this was the exact way I treated Izuku before. Hardly anything was holding that hole together.

"YOU PROUD OF ME, KACCHAN?!" I gulp, sweat starting to cake my face. I didn't want to hear this anymore. His words have tortured me enough already. "I NEVER BECAME A HERO TO OFFEND YOUR SWOLLEN EGO! I NEVER KILLED MYSELF TO DESTROY YOUR REPUTATION! BECAUSE YOU, KACCHAN, ARE THE NUMBER ONE! NO ONE CAN TOUCH YOU!" He was insane, pupils mere slits. Dark circles under his eyes only proved how much of a stranger he would've been to himself 3 years ago.