ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟞~ ℍ𝕚𝕤 𝕃𝕒𝕤𝕥 𝕎𝕠𝕣𝕕𝕤

Anyone heard of this? Yup, I was sorta inspired by this haha :D Also, this guy does amazing animatics so I recommend you sub to them if you can (PolaBearTheGrizzly on YouTube, if the video doesn't load...)

Edit: The video was removed... sorry... support the channel though, he's really kool :D

[Katsuki's POV]

I didn't know how long I had stood there for, continuing to feel the rain soak into my uniform. This time, I felt guilt, and the pain for what it felt to be responsible for his death. This time, it felt like I had expected, a painful wallop to my stomach followed swiftly by a stab to my chest, the dagger poking through the hilt of my ribs. There was only one image in my head, and that was Deku's forced smile. I had always thought of him to be the type to keep smiling and standing, no matter how bad things were going. And those smiles were always so genuine, that I wanted to slap it off his face. Secretly, I thought it was probably one of the most beautiful expressions in the world.

But I think what hurt the most was that I was the one who broke it.

He smiled like he was in agony, the torment I had given actually impacting his expressions. Pain was all that was shown in his eyes, and his fractured smile that he could hardly hold up anymore could no longer return to normal. When did he start feeling and behaving like that? Why didn't I notice? Why didn't I stop?!

I didn't give a fuck when frustrated tears clouded my vision, because finally, what I did got through my thick skull. I was responsible for his death. Not my tag-a-long friends. Not himself. It was me. All me. I don't even think twice when I threw the razor off the roof, disappearing quickly from my line of sight.

I deserved this pain, for being such a bitch to a boy who wanted to live a normal life. He had dreams of becoming a hero. He had a nice, caring mother, no father, who had abandoned him. He had no quirk, but his dreams were still strong. So what gave me the right to bully him?

I huff out a shaky breath, the collar of my shirt starting to stick to my neck. I needed to get out of this place, fled the crime scene that I know now I was responsible for. But, something caught the corner of my eye before I left.

Two red trainers, the laces undone, just as free at their old owner. Just looking at them gives me dreading and regretful flashbacks.

But it wasn't the trainers that caught my eye. It was the sliver of paper wedged under them, the corners curling from the dampness. I struggle to gulp down the lump in my throat, and reach out for it. Izuku's final, last words. And it can't have been a coincidence that me, his bully, had found them. I huff out a hefty breath, and began to read the words hurriedly scribbled across the page.

To whomever reads this,

By the time you get round to reading this, I'd probably be dead already. It's too late to save me now. But, still, I feel like I have to say a few final words. For why I left.

After reading that, I'm not sure if I wanted to continue. Somewhere, in his final words, is a summery of all the horrible, tormenting things I did to him. But, there was still the cruel and curious part of me that wants to know what it says, and I give in to my self desires, reading on anyway. I deserve whatever bitter words that were in this letter. Because I was always a dick.

I feel like I own an apology to all the people who I've been a burden to. My poor mother firstly. She had to stick with me for the last 14 years, and it was because of me that my father left. She can tell me all the lies in the world, but the sad truth was that it was always me. He hated me. Which was why he left. And I was such a burden to her anyway. This whole time, she had been working so hard for me. To keep me alive and feed me and provide shelter and everything. It's a debt I will never be able to repay, and all those overworking nights I can't help but think it's my fault. Because she's working not for herself, but me! Which leads on to my second apology.