ℂ𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝟙𝟜~ ℙ𝕠𝕚𝕤𝕠𝕟𝕠𝕦𝕤 𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖

Welcome back, folks, to another episode! Enjoy!

[Katsuki's POV]

One glance at that red daisy. One glance and I knew that I was trapped in yet another box. Another pain that will further add onto my problems.

I gave no shit about this whole "being strong" or "showing no weakness" thing I was revolving around all my life. Not when I felt like I was shit. And I was. It was the truth.

Izuku seemed happy without me. It was the life he had always wanted and deserved. A life without me. I think that's why I was so sad. Because even though he didn't need me, I needed him. I didn't deserve friends or love or comfort. Which is why I didn't tell anyone about this pain. 

Who would ever believe a guy who treated an innocent person like shit?

A guy exactly like myself!

I stuck to the shadows during my time at UA, and wasn't much of a bother. I did occasionally snarl a comment, but besides that, I remained in my shell of suffering, crying myself to what wisps of sleep I could get from a nightmare and shattering under the weight of the emotions I felt. No one found it unusual because no one knew the old, villainous Katsuki. And the one person who did know him gave no fuck about me.

And that was how it's supposed to be.

So why am I still suffering?!

I did what was right for him! I left his life and am paying back the damage I had caused him. I also caged myself so he could no longer feel the pain I am bound to cause. He was finally able to have a shot at getting into UA, his dream school, and he even managed to pass because I wasn't the weight dragging him down. He now has friends, to whom they were everything to him.

I think that's what this groaning pain is. Jealousy. The want to be that close with him. Whatever it was, it made me sick. My toxic relationship with him is what got me into this fucking loop, so I will not form another one.

He had said hi to me a few times, not caring about others hearing him use "Kacchan", but each time I ignored him. He'll be fine without me.

The first time I felt that object hurt the most, I forced it to come out, tensing immediately when I realised it was a daisy. The delicate white petals were fresh, seemingly starting to curl once in contact with the water, painted with blood. My own blood. I stared at it for a while, disbelief blaring alarms in my head, and I knew it could only mean bad news. Because the prickling irritation still in my lungs never stopped after that flower came out. 

Nor the one after that. 

Not even the ones after that! 

An image of Izuku flashed in my head, remembering how the daisies he used to wear in his hair, when he was younger, made his eyes pop out more with colour than they normally did, sparkling like stars.

I never told anyone about what happened in that bathroom. I had no one to tell. My parents gave no shit, and my classmates saw me as some kind of background character. The one who no one gave mind or attention to. 

That night, I pulled out my laptop and searched for the disease or injury where a person would cough out flowers. It was ridiculous to put into a Google search, and it was still odd to believe that it actually happened to me. How did the flower even get into my lungs?! The flower was actually more worrisome in contrast to the amount of blood leaked everywhere.

It took a while, but eventually I got to the result that I was suffering from Hanahaki. No surprise there.

It said that Hanahaki is caused by a one-sided relationship, where a person loves their crush so much that it hurt them. They would cough out their crush's favourite flower, and there is no medical cure to prevent the pain. The longer the person had Hanahaki, the more blood and flowers come out.