Episode 50- law and justice

"It is the spirit and not the form of law that keeps justice alive."

Earl Warren.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Music played: Human by Christina Perri.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Lara drove around the street with one arm. After her encounter with Andre, she called Kendra whose house was nearer and drove straight to her place with one arm. Throughout the drive to Kendra's place, Lara was losing her focus and struggled to swerve past few cars until she got to her destination.

When Lara got to Kendra's apartment, she called her line and when she picked up, Lara didn't let her talk and told her she was at the front of her apartment.

"I am at the front of your apartment," Lara said and blew her car horn.

Kendra opened the door of her apartment and rushed to Lara's car. "What's up, I got your call. Are you alright?" She asked and opened her car door but screams as she saw the condition Lara was in.

"Oh my God!" She screamed. "Lara, what's happened to you?"

"It's pretty bad huh?" Lara remarked.

"What happened to you? Where are you coming from? Who did this to you?" Kendra threw a series of questions at her but Lara replied to none and pointed to her arm.

"Help me out will you?" Lara begged.

Kendra unbuckled her seat belt and helped her out into her apartment. She laid Lara on the brown couch in her living room and then sat beside her. "Start talking Lara. What happened to you? Who did this to you?"

Lara looked at Kendra and then she burst into tears.

"What the hell? I am going to kill who did this to you. Tell me who it is?" She demanded.

Lara bought out a body cam from her pocket with her free arm and gave it to Kendra.

Kendra left her side and rushed to her room where she grabbed her laptop from. She walked back to the living room and placed the laptop on the table. She connected the device to her laptop. "Password?" Kendra requested.

"Chloe," Lara replied.

Kendra entered the password and then looked at Lara's face.

"Check today's date," Lara told her.

Kendra did as she was told and a video popped out. The video showed the face of Andre confessing to the crime he did and harassing Lara. "Oh my God! You are insane!" Kendra commented.

" He killed my family. What was I supposed to do? Watch him leave on as if nothing happened."

"I thought you were smarter than that Lara. Why didn't you tell any of us? Why did you do it alone?"

"Because I wanted to do something for once in my life. I wanted to get revenge for my family. They didn't deserve to die like that." Lara said.

Kendra scoffed and said, " getting your arm twisted is your revenge."

"At least I got something. I got proof that the plane crash was not an accident. It was an attack."

"I know you wanted revenge but you should have told us instead of going alone and getting beaten up. Look at your face and arm." Kendra pointed out.

Lara heaved a sigh and rubbed her face with her free hand. "If you were in my shoes, you would have done worst than that. That psycho killed my family and now that I have proof against him, I am going to expose the feathers to the world."