Episode 14-law and justice 📑

"Life is like an elusive emerald, hard to find, dangerous to extract and fragile when been polished and made into a gem"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Background music: sad wind chapter 1 by David fesliyan.
____________________________________

"Just yesterday, president olusola release a project treaty with Daniel Hamilton and the six feathers. Well, this had caused a lot of uproar in the country. The state councils had gone against the treaty and requested that the president cancel the project treaty. This has resulted in a protest in the capital city of mecianda, langose. right now, the state council members are seeing entering into the purple house. I'll keep you more updated about the outcome of the meeting. This is melody Anderson reporting from the city TV. "

              ************
"I thought we were going to celebrate the announcement of our project plan to the public but... "Simone place her head on her forehead as she lamented.

The feathers had called the meeting as soon as they heard the news about the state councils.

Park bangs his hand on the table and curses. "Fuck! What's going to happen now, Daniel? The news is reporting it, the people are protesting and I can barely leave my house without being followed by paparazzi."

"It appears clear that we forgot one thing."Leonard pointed out, they all turned to face him and waited for what he had to say. "We forgot to deal with the state councils."

"You are right Leonard. We should have dealt with all the state council members."Simone added.

"What is the way forward now Daniel? These bastards might go against us in the meeting today,"munachi questioned Daniel because he knew what the council members are capable of doing.

Daniel stood up from where he was sitting and paced around the conference room walking back and front pondering on what to say to the feathers. When he finally got something, he smiled and walked back to his chair.

"Here is the plan feathers... "

          ********
The protest in the city of langose had caused traffic on the road. The cars were blocked, the people walked around the street chanting songs of protest.

Jeremy had got stuck in traffic on his way to his firm that morning and when he finally reached his firm after hours of waiting, he called a meeting with the justice.

(Remember the name I promised to give to Jeremy and the others, "justice".)

"The city is in a mess. We can only wait for the state council member's meeting with the president"James mentioned.

"I agree with James but we can't just fold our hands and do nothing" Lara added. she bought out some papers from her bag and pointed to it. "The project plan is going to cost citizens, especially the poor their homes."

"These are the so-called feathers and from the research, I made on them, it seems they know how to cover their tracks well. This is their leader Daniel Hamilton.."Yomi pointed to a picture of Daniel and began to explain more about him.

"Daniel Hamilton, a well-known man in the country. He is very influential and has a lot of Companies in the country and around the world."

"We all know him. Linda accused his sons of raping her before she was killed" Mary commented.

The room grew silent at Mary's comment. Linda's death was still fresh in their memories. Yomi cleared his throat to gain their attention and then continued what he was saying.

"Simone ikechukwu, the first female in the group. I didn't get news on her but all I heard is that she owned the biggest hospital in mecianda."

"Leonard Philip, the chief judge of langose."