Episode 34-law and justice

"Without law, men are beasts."

Maxwell Anderson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The year 2009, London, United Kingdom.

It has been eight years since Jeremy's family died and six years since he had woken up from his coma. When he woke up, the first thing he asked of was his finally. The doctors were surprised that he could still remember what happened to his family.

When Mr. Diamond, Abraham Akinsola's bodyguard saw that his boss's son didn't wake up after few months of being in a coma, he took him to a good hospital in London and decided to settle In London with Jeremy, his son Yomi, and wife Marianne.

Growing up for Jeremy was hard. After waking up from his coma of three years, he turned himself away from the world, and one day out of the blue, he decided to commit suicide because he felt there was nothing left for him in the world again. Thanks to Mr diamond, who saw him and save him from his suicide. Jeremy was sent to a psychiatrist home and stayed there for two years and when he came back after getting discharged, he began to act like the normal kids around until he was insulted for having no parent.

"Stop acting like you have anyone beside you. Your parent is dead because they hated you," one of the teenage boys in the school he attended with Yomi had mocked him one afternoon. Jeremy got furious and beat the boy until he bled out.

Mr diamond figured out that the best way Jeremy could recover from his trauma was to get him a therapist. Jeremy who was eighteen years at that time went for the session for him to overcome his trauma.

"What do you wanna become when you grow older?" The therapist, a middle-aged woman once asked Jeremy in one of their session.

"I've wanted to become a lawyer like my father, " Jeremy replied timidly.

"Why do you want to become a lawyer?"

"Because someone killed my family. It only fair that I bring them to justice."

"Why do you think your family was murdered?"

Jeremy balled his hand into a fist before answering the therapist. "Listen, I know that my family was murdered because I heard him saying it."

"Who is him?"

Jeremy stood up from the seat he sat on and yelled, "That voice. The voice belonged to the person who murdered my family and I'm going to find him."

Jeremy kept the promise to himself and continue to attend the sessions to get better. He became better in his academics although he didn't socialize with others because he saw them as a distraction.

"How is school coming up?" His therapist had asked him from one of their sessions after he got better.

"School is going fine," Jeremy replied with a smile.

"It's nice to see you smile after a long time, Jeremy. So any friend?" His therapist asked.

"No friends. Friends are distractions."

"That's is not true Jeremy. Good Friends are not distractions instead they are sent from God as guardian angels. Do you have anyone that wanted to be your friend?"

Jeremy shook his head but when he remembered something, he nodded.

"Who is he?"

"My father's bodyguard son."