Episode 1-law and justice

"Yesterday is history
Tomorrow is a mystery
But today is a gift, that is why it's called present"
-~ ~ ~~~~~~~~~~

🎵 Song :Godzilla by Eminem feat juice world.. 🎵
____________________________________

*YEAR 2019*

Jeremy twitched in the seat of his airborne private jet. Sweat covered his beating red face and groans poured from his swollen lips in pain, almost like he was having a fight in his dream.

"Don't leave me, mummy, don't leave!" He shouted and stirred in his sleep like a force was pulling him down.

Yomi, his best friend and bodyguard jerked him from his nightmare and looked upon him with worry in his sorrowful eyes.

Jeremy awoke and asked for water, hoping to wash down the aching cries that had yet to come up. His personal assistant handed over a bottle of water to him with a sheer smile.

"Thanks."

"Are you okay Jeremy?" Yomi asked and sat opposite him.

"I had another dream about them and this time it's worse Yomi... They were crying for me to save them but I couldn't. Melissa cried out for my help and told me that she missed me," Jeremy lamented.

These nightmares were becoming a daily routine in his life ever since he was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder due to the blast that took away his family. Thanks to his father's trusted bodyguard, he was saved and trained for years.

"Lisa, once we land please fix a meeting with the best therapist in the country. A private session if possible," Yomi commanded the personal assistant.

"Yes sir," Lisa replied professionally and went back to her work.

Yomi Diamond, the son of Jeremy's bodyguard, was the only friend that had been with him ever since they were young, along with Lisa, a motherly figure and a personal assistant to Jeremy. Only these two understood what had been going on with Jeremy.

"Do you think coming back to Mecianda might have triggered the dream?" Yomi asked.

"I have no idea Yomi. It has been years since I've dreamt of Melissa. Now that I'm back it makes sense for that to be the reason," Jeremy stated.

Melissa was his younger sister whom he loved dearly. He missed her a lot definitely with it being years since he had dreamt of her. He didn't get to say goodbye to his family when they were buried.

He was in a coma for some time after the blast and had finally fully regained his health.

He came back to Mecianda because of two things; one, to find the murderers of his family and get them back for the hurt they have drawn to him. And two, to help the weak people in Mecianda. Especially those who were being judged for the crime they didn't commit. It was one of the reasons he became a lawyer. He wanted to be just like his father.

Abraham Akinsola was a renowned lawyer when he was alive and Jeremy planned to keep on the legacy.

The rest of the flight was silent but Jeremy couldn't go back to sleep. He feared he was going to have the same nightmare.

When the jet finally landed it was already evening. To Jeremy's surprise, the paparazzi were already waiting for him.

"Welcome Attorney Akinsola, what brings you back to mecianda?" The reporters began to throw questions at him from left and right.

" i thought you were well paid back in London, why are you back here? "

" i heard you won the case against top terrorist LAN back in London. How do you feel about that?