Episode 18-law and justice📑

"Sometimes, you don't realize your strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness."

- Susan Gale.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Background music: lean on me by Michael Bolton.
____________________________________
Recap :

"Very well then, tell me how it all started and how you got here."Jeremy questioned and sat back on the chair waiting for Kemi to begin her story."

"Well, it all began when..... "
************

"I was called out that night from my hostel room by my roommate Sola."Kemi began her story and flashed back to what happened to her five years ago.

Five years ago

kemisola laid on her bed after she was done reading her lecture book for the day. She looked up at the ceilings in her room and began to count them.

"1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9..... "Her phone rang on her desk and she rushed to pick it up.

"Hello, sola. Where are you at? It's nine pm already."Kemi asked as she scolded her friend on phone.

"I need you to come to get me at the old mansion of lordon." sola said to her on phone.

"What are you doing in that isolated area? Are you insane?"Kemi ranted over the call but the line had already dropped.

"Hello, hello sola!!! "She shouted to the phone. When she got no reply, she called the number again but sola didn't pick up. Kemisola grabbed a brown coat from her closet and walked out of her hostel room. She entered into her car that was parked at the front of her hostel and drove straight to the location sola had mentioned to her.

When she got to the front of the mansion, she met no one and tried calling sola line again. She was surprised when she heard a phone ringing in the bush. She traced the ringing of the phone and when it got to the spot of the ringing, what she saw made her scream out loud and dropped her phone to the ground. There inside the bush, was sola on the ground, with her eyes wide opened, blooding oozing from her head.

Kemisola shouted and shook sola's corpse but it was all to no avail. Sola was dead. soon, the sound of the police siren could be heard.

"Stay where you are. Your hands up and stand up slowly." the police officer who had arrived ordered.

Kemisola lay on the ground with sola's body in her arms. She couldn't do anything but cry at the death of her friend.

Soon, kemisola was convicted and sent to court. No one gave her the chance to speak for herself, she was sentenced to fifteen years imprisonment for a crime she didn't commit.

in the first year of her stay in prison, Kemisola Was beaten almost every day by her cellmate. And every night, she cried herself to sleeping hoping that she could be freed from the nightmare that had clouded her life. She couldn't believe she was being framed and she was stupid to fall for it. She was supposed to graduate from college that year but All her plans ended in one night.

When she decided to speak out, nobody believed her, nobody wanted to take her case. No one stood by her except her brother. Kemisola wanted to die and leave the world that's had done nothing but bought pain to her but, her brother kept her going promising that, he was going to get her out one day.

                   **********
Present.

Kemisola smiled at Jeremy and Yomi who looked shocked at her story.