Chapter 22

Yuri's motherly instinct suddenly woke up inside her and she had a big urge to take care of her. Yuri called her servants and took Yomi to her room. Telling the boy that she would be fine with then giving the shark an assuring smile to ease his worries After she laid down Yomi, she checked her condition, it was a very familiar problem to her... Chakra Exhaustion. Yuri immediately went away from her room and quickly found her bodyguard.- (FIND OUT NEXT TIME ON REBORN BALL Z)

*Insert previous episode recap here*

The bodyguard of her's has never seen Yuri in such a condition. It was true that he knew her for years, but she has never been this anxious. "Are you hurried to the bathroom, miss?" He said with a serious expression. Sometimes Yuri was so carried away with the parties, that she forgot her biological needs. She gave him a cold look and said: "Shut up and follow me." He didn't say anything more.

When they got to the room Yomi's condition had gotten worse, the man quickly went beside the bed and started checking her without much word. He knew what Yuri wanted. The bodyguard started to concentrate his chakra around the hand and replenished the body of the young girl. Soon she would wake up, but before that he wanted to talk to Yuri.

"Mistress... Is this kid your long lost child?" Yuri felt her veins popping out. Before her bodyguard knew what was happening, he felt immense pain on the back of his head.

The man fell to the ground holding his head "Itai!" he whimpered before slowly getting back up "What was that for?". "For saying something so foolish" while raising her hand shakily causing the man to flinch. "But really who is she?" while rubbing his head.

"Were you not paying attention?" she questioned. "This is Yomi"

~

Kakazu didn't expect it to take this long, he had been acutely aware of the fact that they were being watched for a while, which was why he sped up the recruitment of decently powered individuals who could protect her despite the fact that one seemed a bit dubious.

He had followed the person with the least chakra since their skills in chakra concealment was mildly alarming, but he didn't expect to to come back to so much silence, he was expecting more chaos but this was a more dreadful feeling, he made a beeline for the master bedroom ignoring his injuries, he wasn't exactly sure what was going through his head at that point.

Was she dead? He brushed it off but it plagued him as he sped up and eventually started running through the corridors until he came to her room, there weren't any guards in front of the dorm, his heart fell, he paused unsure on if he wanted to open the door, assuming the worst had happened.

"Kakazu?"

Yomi asked, apprehensive, it felt like his chakra but there was a mild mix with another person's chakra so she couldn't really tell, and her mind was still in a mild haze.

When he heard her voice a sense of relief washed over him, he opened the door to see her mainly unharmed with a few scratches here and there.

"Kakazu..."

She really wasn't someone who cried a lot, but seeing someone who she had considered a guardian in her close vicinity and not just strangers she had met recently opened her heart to feel vulnerable, she felt her eyes sting, she wanted to rush up to him and hug him but her legs were still weak so she stumbled and fell to the floor, she sat up feeling the cold floor that were soon enough stained with her tears.

Kakazu felt stifled, seeing her struggle to keep her tears and sniffles back, and he walked up subconsciously, "Stop crying, you're not a child anymore." He reached out holding her hand, his warmth making her feel elated, she let him help her up as a small smile crept on her lips, "En, I won't cry anymore."

He smiled and turned around, "Come and eat something. You look depressing, like a...wet dog."

She couldn't help but laugh but she held onto his arm tightly, it almost felt like she was holding on to her dad again, her smile halted, she missed him, "Also, good job on surviving your first official assassination attempt. You did good."

Tsuki Yomi was silent. Julie was gone; Kidnapped? Taken? Dead? She was unsure of how to feel. She was so scared of dying that she hadn't paid any attention to where they took her and her father. Her hand trembled thinking of the kunais that almost got to her and she felt herself shiver. She was a coward and couldn't even protect her own friend.

She had to hope she was still alive, she was going to get her back, she could feel sorry for herself later. "The person who hired those people to kill me, who was it?"

She felt mild anger brewing in her stomach.

The assassin spat out a mouthful of blood, which landed at Sechan's feet, staining his shoes. The previously silent man peered down at his clean shoes, so mighty clean that it was almost glistening in the shadows. The silently enraged man stepped forth, grabbing the jaw of the assassin, then smashed it against the upper frame of the wooden chair.

In a steady voice, that was too calm to the point it was a tad horrifying, a self-effacing smile played at the tanned man's blood-red lips. He tilted his head, hissing, "Spit it out. Or, are you volunteering for your teeth to be plucked out one by one? From what I see, they're yellow and ugly. They're so ugly that I doubt you want them in your mouth, right?"

The chained up assassin shook his head from side to side avidly. His screams past the gag came out as muffled noises, but to Sechan's ears, they were like melodic music.

Sechan caressed the man's bloody, cracked lips with his thumb as if he were an affectionate lover. However, the sultry gesture left the assassin trembling in his boots.

"Sechan, why are you taking so long?"

Sechan looked over his shoulder at the new voice. After realizing that it had belonged to his 'mistress,' Sechan immediately turned into a docile fox. Unknown to everyone, his hold on the assassin's bloodied jaw tightened in warning. The perpetrator shook in sheer terror, and an unknown liquid soaked his pants, staining the whole area. Wet and murky.

Sechan peered down at the evident wet blotch in the centre of the assassin's pants. Subsequently, he laughed out loud languidly. He narrowed his eyes down at the man infelicity, patting the man's chin, "Mistress, isn't he just like a child? Ha..ha..hahaha!"

"Hurry up." She snapped.

Sechan's laughter instantaneously turned silent. He smiled at her remark, lowering his head at the assassin, "As you wish, mistress."

His hand leisurely slid from the man's chin to his neck. Maintaining a strong hand around the thick, fragile neck of the man, Sechan repeated once more in a more abrasive tone of voice, "As you can see, my mistress is very impatient. If you tell me, I promise I'll let you off lightly. You have my word."

The man choked out hurriedly, "..G..Go..t..to he..Go to hell!"

At the unprecedented answer, Sechan's eyes flashed darkly, and the crow perched on his shoulder suddenly transformed into a heavy axe. In a clean, swift motion, the assassin's head was cut off, like simply breaking a toothpick. In his palm, he softly held the bloody, gory head. He looked at it so affectionately, so fondly, that it was almost creepy to the point some people in the dim-lit room turned their heads to the other side to avoid the sanguine sight.

Sechan showcased it to Yomi, smiling like a bright, elated child, "Mistress...his head is so cute in comparison to his terrible looks. Can I have it?

"My, my," suddenly, a voice came from within the group.

Yomi turned to stare at the source of the voice.

"I thought the fox was lazing around but he seems to have caught someone" Toran spoke before giving a slight smirk.

"If I am of no use to Mistress, I will just be discarded," Sechan replied perfunctorily, holding the cleanly cut, gory head next to his head, which seemed smaller in comparison, "Unfortunately, mine was a fail."

"She should have done that a long time ago but at least you accomplished something," Toran said as he walked to the assassin raising his hand to the head.

"I want to be of help to you, and mistress," Sechan smiled shamelessly, and shrugged his shoulders.

"I wouldn't need your help" Toran shot a glare at Sechan.

"Who was it?" Her eyes turned to Toran, her patience was running thin. "Our favourite mazoku of course" Toran looked down at Yomi "He seems to value your head, but how could I let him do that" with a grin on his face.