Chapter 11

Kakazu (Yes I use kakazu not kakuzu), read through the information before turning to the maid waiting behind him, he nodded signaling that he should get the girl, they needed to talk about the assets and what precisely to do with the blackmail money. She was promptly carried over, she was spending her time practicing some chakra control techniques, of course, he didn't care and only wanted to talk about money. 

"What do we do with the blackmail money?" He was quick to ask once the maid had dropped her and retreated, she, of course, had thought about it. "I want to use it and buy land, preferably spread out among the five villages..." 

He frowned "But the war-"

"-I know, it should be slightly cheaper now that everything has gone to hell, buy as much as you can, we will need it." 

He nodded not questioning her, "I know before you mentioned reestablishing the casino? The news rules you drafted are ok but won't we lose profit if we make sure everything is done fairly?" 

When he finished talking he noticed she was already looking through the adjustments she had written up earlier in satisfaction. "I understand the concern but -" She put down the book " If we have a good reputation it will encourage those who are not so rich to get involved since they believe they can avoid bankruptcy if they take proper precautions as the dealers will be fair. The interest rates won't be as dangerously high either giving them a false sense of security." 

He nodded before bringing up the next topic. "About the brothels-" 

"Sell them." 

"But... they're a good place for information gathering..." She paused thinking, she wasn't used to having such a place as she found it as a cover for shady dealings. "In that case get rid of the slaves there, any worker must be there voluntarily and we must put safety measures for the workers and assure any children born accidentally are taken care of and not just tossed out." 

"We're gonna lose a lot of profit..." 

"At first, but those children can be raised to work for us, I plan to set up work in all villages and start gathering intel about what is going on, our top priority is Suna and Konoha, the faster we set up a stall there the better..." 

"You mentioned setting up stalls, but you haven't mentioned what you plan to sell..." 

"I will have it prepared once we start building." A shopping mall wasn't necessarily genius but would take a lot of organization on her part.   

Her time in the village passed peacefully, her days mainly consisted of training with Kisame, hanging out with her team and helping Kakazu with the assets they obtained. As she predicted the casino was now bubbling with activity. Since it was Christmas it was only natural for the casino to get decorated and throw a grand ball, only regular members were invited with Kakazu representing Yomi as the owner. 

Of course, Yomi also invited her friends, it was a family-friendly ball so there were quite a lot of rich children trotting around with cute bowties and beautiful kimonos, Julie was there with her father who Yomi noticed was a stockholder of the casino, he looked pretty foreign with his blonde hair and was rather handsome. 

"Wow Julie, your dad is handsome, is he married?" 

She looked at her friend who looked shyly at her father who was talking to mister Kakazu, "No, why?" Yomi was an older girl at heart and she couldn't help but have a small crush on him. "No reason..." 

"Yomi..." she turned around to see Kisame who had extended his hand out like he was asking her to dance with a purple hue on his cheeks, she smiled brightly before taking his hand as the music played. IT was just children having fun but to her, that moment swirling with him felt special. 

"Thank you" was what he said as his hand holding her waist tightened, she got him a present, a real sword he could use to practice since he could not afford a good one yet, seeing his big teary eyes and his wide smile she felt on top of the world. She only did it because she valued him so much, he was a friend and an ally. She didn't reply to his gratitude and instead danced herself away with him. She remembered the hours she had spent teaching him how to waltz, honestly, if he wasn't so clumsy with his feet he would have learned it way quicker. 

"Merry Christmas!" The music came to a halt, people screamed as fireworks lit up the sky covering it with beautiful colors and patterns. Kisame seemed mesmerized, he hadn't seen something as beautiful but could only cheer along with Yomi as she took his hand before running up to her friends near the huge Christmas tree at the side of the hall. 

This bliss, only came once in a blue moon.    

Kakazu wasn't happy she was spending a lot of money but she reminded him of how well the Casino was doing now it wasn't a blatant sea of dens so he only smirked when watching the children chatter away. 

~

"...If you don't master this you will never pass the genin exams..." Kisame said as he watched her try her best to master the 

"Shut up! I'll master it right now just watch me!" She barked back frustrated at him. She knew how to do it but her chakra control wasn't great so it was a hit or miss, in the past three years it didn't get much better and Madara didn't feel like helping her either, she was starting to feel like she should drop out of the academy and just become a fulltime merchant. 

"...ok..."