Chapter 10

School was a bitch but if she was late kakazu would kill her. 

Groaning she dragged her feet through the busy streets with a piece of pastry she stuffed into her mouth, she felt bliss as the sweet treat was swallowed after a few chews. 

"You eat like a pig."

"Good morning to you too Kisame" she replied the blue shark unimpressed by his  non-complimentary comment, he had jumped down from a window next to her, she wasn't bothered she just wished she could do crazy shit like that too without being hurt by physics. "When are you gonna teach me about chakra?" She half asked as she stuffed her face with another pastry.

"What about today after school?" Kisame asked.

"Kakazu is picking me up, what about tomorrow? I'll have to ask him for permission." He nodded as he remembered the tall man who had picked her up the last time they were at school, he was terrifying, Kisame was still not sure of why he was so scared of him, he couldn't feel anything from him. 

A fight seemed to have erupted from somewhere ahead of them, a large shop keeper was holding a child up by his collar and screaming at his face, Kisame sighed in annoyance, it was a regular occurrence that some street rats would get caught by the shopkeepers. 

"Kisame-!?"

"Hold on tight!" He said as he jumped off unwilling to get held up by the brawl or else they'd be late to school.

.

"Good morning little Yomi, I hope you plan to stay for all your lessons today!" The teacher for her first class said as she walked into the lesson that was filled with little girls. She blushed slightly and found an empty seat at the front and listened to the lesson. 

"Good morning class! Today we will be focusing on the art of deception!" The doors swung open and two racks of little clothes were rolled in by two women who were brought in to help the teacher. Seeing the clothes Tsuki Yomi relaxed knowing she would not be forced to fight someone first thing in the morning. "I will be putting you into groups and you will be given a sense of instructions, listen for your groups!" 

She listened as a list of names were called out. 

"Team 7! Tsuki Yomi, Satow Masumi, and Yoshihara Julie!" She perked up at the non-Japanese name she heard as she and two other girls stood up, seeing the blonde-haired blue-eyed girl she couldn't help but think she was western. 

They gathered at the front to introduce themselves, Masumi was significantly taller than the other two girls and she was also more confident and playful. Julie seemed like she did not want to be there, she was the member with the paper full of instructions on what to do. 

They were indeed playing dress-up. 

[Team 7: 

Your mission is to pose as the children of a powerful daimyo!] 

That was it. 

"That's it?" Julie said. 

"I think so... My name is Masumi by the way." The tall girl said with a pleasant smile on her face. Yomi took this as a time to make friends so she smiled brightly and introduced herself. 

"I'm Yomi! I'm guessing you're Julie?" Yomi asked turning to the blonde girl who nodded and didn't say anything else but instead turned her nose up slightly at them. 

"I'm guessing for the mission we should focus on mannerisms a lot, does anyone have an idea how rich kids act?" Masumi asked looking through the rack of clothes along with some other girls in the class. 

"A bit haughty, spoilt, eloquent? Definitely good posture and they act like they're in their own little bubble sort of like Julie-"

"-pfft!!" Masumi held back her laughter as the blonde girl's face darkened in anger. "Why are you so accurate?" Masumi asked between bursts of laughter as she unhanged three traditional Japanese dresses that seemed very simple and elegant. "Put these on so we can practice." 

Yomi was quick to change into her clothes as they were all children so she didn't mind much, Julie was hesitant and pouty but managed to make herself look the role. Yomi was in awe of her beauty, she could easily be a child model instead of a ninja, at least that way she wouldn't have to throw away her life like the other children. 

"You're really pretty.. " she found herself blurting out after the blonde had tied her hair up in a bun, she blushed slightly but turned away as she was still angry at her earlier comment.

Tsuki Yomi didn't mind, instead she wobbled to Masumi who needed help tying her sash, she assumed it was a sash but it looked more like a belt. 

Truth be told she had no idea what she was wearing but she knew when it looked right so dressing herself was easy. 

Masumi dragged out a toy tea set and a few cushions and they all sat on their knees. Yomi felt like that was the most uncomfortable sitting position she has used, after a few minutes her legs were cramping up and she had to keep standing up. 

"Stop standing, you've got to sit down during the entire team ceremony!" Julie snapped after the white haired girl had stood up for the fifth time, Yomi could tell she was used to the situation and was likely the daughter of a daimyo herself, she groaned and sat her ass back down. "Straighten your back too!" Julie added fiercely. 

"...Hai..." 

She had never felt so pathetic before, being ordered around by a snot nosed brat, she cursed loudly in her heart. 

"Ok class!" The teacher knocked on his desk with what seemed to be a hammer from god-knows-where. The little girls who had all dressed up settled down and all stared up at the female. 

"Very soon a teacher will come round to assess your team! Prepare yourself!" 

They all resumed chatter and Yomi could vaguely guess the different scenarios they were given; some were waitresses, she could spot a few tourists, a poor child, some had pretended to be sickly poor souls and some naive pampered brats. 

She was not expecting to be completely exhausted when kakazu showed up at the end of the day to pick her up. 

She had climbed on his back barely able to speak. She yawned and snuggled into his back closing her eyes. 

"Tired?" 

"Hai." 

"Sleep." 

She sunk into a deep slumber vaguely hearing what he said next. 

"Just make sure you tip me accordingly."