Chapter 17

Kakazu was not expecting her to take two weeks to wake up, her body was starting to wither away as he could see her bones sticking out in various places, he made sure medics had chakra transferred to her daily as he wasn't sure what she was planning but he remained calm and planned the Banquet and even sent an invite to Kisame who was apparently training with one of the seven swords fo the mist. There was no denying the fact that her situation was starting to worry him, but he had no reason to be worried.
When Madara originally attacked her she was unable to fight back, considering he had spent years training to fight she didn't know what else she expected, his speed was on another level and it didn't help he was taking out his frustrations on her. Her will was being slowly pounded down to pieces and it took her a stupidly long amount of time to realise something crucial; Madara was stuck in her head, he wa sunder her control and this was her mind, reality could be what she believed it to be.

Once that clicked in her brain it wasn't difficult to overthrown the snobby Uchiha, seeing the anger and humiliation Is eyes made her feel, ecstatic. Stomping on his face pushing his head into the the dark waters on her mindscape felt liberating. And making him bow to her made her feel like a Queen, a feeling she hadn't felt in a while, her pain was replaced with a sense of entitlement and pride, he was bowing down to her and soon enough, so would the rest of the world.

"Now, let's talk" Of course he was hesitant, his mood was terrible after being beaten by her and he wasn't interested in any bullshit propositions she would bring up. "I know about your plan for eternal Tsuki no mi and I also want to take part of this plan"
What?
He was shocked, the only one who knew about this plan for now was-
"I also know about Zetsu, have you met obito yet?" His face crunched up slowly before he shook his head. "Then I'm on time, I will allow you to leave my body for one year, then I will bring you back"
He looked at her in confusion.
"Finish what you need to do, I will personally back you up, but you have to come back here in one year I will need your power."
He slowly nodded before being pulled by an unknown force, "I'll wait for you, do not tell zetsu about this."
She also had just one year to condition her body for Madara's power, she needed to improve on her taijutsu and chakra  control, she thought what she had was pretty good but it was still miles away, this could be seen as cheating, and if Kabul resurrects him won't his power leave as well?
At least she'd be able to buy herself some time till then.

When she opened her eyes she was still in her bed room, a few pounds lighter and outrageously weak she couldn't even walk to the door, falling to the floor she squealed alerting the people standing guard outside. She made it in time for Christmas but she wasn't sure if she'd be able to get her legs back up and working in time. She was quickly cleaned and fed before a doctor was called for her legs, she sat up on her bed wiggling her toes to confirm she hadn't been paralysed.
When Kakazu walked in to see her the first thing she told him was, "I need you to train me before you leave."
He may not have understood what she meant by leave, but she did, he needed to join the akatsuki and hand over Sōzō to her, she had been enjoying her time here and now it was time to get serious. The only advantage she had right now was extra time to get stronger, she had been putting it off for a long time but now her weakness was becoming a thorn in her site.
She needed to be strong enough to survive the kyuubi attack, strong enough to seal part of it inside her.
Kisame glanced at the invitation in his hand with a smile, he hadn't seen her in a long time since his training kept him busy but, he missed her.
The night before the banquet was a meeting with the Mazoku who were a bit shocked to see the girl with a pair of crutches walking to sit down at he end of the stable accompanied by Kakazu, she didn't address it so they didn't speak of it either and instead gave their progress report.
"The guilds, they should be ready to launch now, I hope you didn't forget to send out the VIP invites to our future stars, also, the boat e blueprint gave you was rather expensive so please don't fuck it up, it should be availability in the next few months for shipment and transportation...."
The meeting carried on for a few hours before it was time to dismiss the Mazoku, "Our next meeting we will have a new member, please look forward to it."
After greeting the crime lords she departed asking Kakazu to join her on a short walk, it was snowing beautifully and she isn't wanted to enjoy it with him, she also made sure to reassure him before he had the chance to voice his opinion that she would be pay him extra for going on the walk with her. She couldn't help but wonder, when Kisame would come back home.