34☕

❝My past will destroy us❞

When they went back home Elliot still hadn’t said a word, and when he stayed in Desiree’s room alone instead of having dinner with them, Desiree got really worried and when she had helped her mum with clearing the table she ran upstairs.

When she walked into her bedroom she saw Elliot lying on his back on the bed staring at the wall. She lied down next to him and turned on her side so she could look at him.

‘’Elliot please tell me what’s going on. It’s killing me seeing you like this.’’ Desiree pleaded.

He exhaled and inhaled before he turned on his side to face her and ran a finger down a side of her face. ‘’Desiree, I have something to tell you, something that I have been hiding from you.’’

‘’What is it?’’ She asked him, glad that he started talking.

‘’You have to understand that what I’m going to tell you might change everything.’’

‘’Just tell me what’s bothering you Elliot.’’

‘’Fine, seeing Will today has made me remember of the past that we had together, about two years ago. We used to have so much fun, we went out to clubs, drank and got all the girls that we wanted. But this was never enough. Will had a friend who sold drugs and one night we decided to give it a try, there was nothing to lose, and from that moment we got hooked.’’

Desiree stared at him and was about to say something when he raised his hand to signal that there was more to the story.

‘’After a few months we were running out of money to buy drugs, so we started to traffic it in order to get the money that we needed and more. There was this guy, not older than sixteen, that we used to sell drugs to, who was found dead one morning with a syringe in his arm and that was the moment that I realized that I had fell down a dark  hole. I started arguing with the dealer that I wanted to stop, while struggling with myself to stop taking the substance. It was all so difficult. One night, I had lost some money from a deal that I had made and they followed me and beat me up. That was when I was saved by an angel instead of being left in the street to die.’’ He told her as he looked lovingly at her.

Desiree didn’t say anything, instead she lay there with unshed tears in her eyes as she looked at the person she loved most and heard about his dark past that she didn’t have a clue what that dark, she wasn’t sure she could handle it.

‘’When you saved me I knew that there was a purpose in my life, you are my light Desiree. After they beat me up and took all my profit, they didn’t bother me again. The fact that Will is now lying dead in that fucking hospital is all because of me, I only thought of myself, I didn’t tell him to stop. I’m a selfish bastard and I’m sorry Desiree, you don’t deserve someone as fucked up as me.’’ He sobbed as he covered his face with his tattooed arms, so dark, like him.

‘’He’s not dead yet.’’ Was all that she managed to say as she looked at him.

‘’We both know that he will be lying in a wooden box by dawn.’’ He told her with anger in his voice, anger at himself. ‘’I will have killed two people, Desiree, I’m a monster.’’

‘’You aren’t.’’ She told him as she reached out and removed his arms from his face. ‘’Elliot, I think, I think it’s better if- I don’t know how to say this, I’m so confused. I think we need a break, I have so much on my plate, I’m afraid I will break, I’m such a bitch.’’ She said as she lied down and faced the wall with tears streaming down her face.

‘’I understand, baby girl and don’t feel guilty, I understand what you are feeling.’’ Elliot told her as he wiped the tears from her face with his thumb.

‘’I love you, Elliot!’’ She cried as she wrapped her arms around his neck and held him tightly.

‘’I love you too, Desiree. Think of this as a little break, it can be a few days or a month, just have some time to yourself and think about what you want. I’ll have to admit that I’ll be pretty bummed if you decide that you don’t want me anymore, but I’ll respect your decision.’’ He said as he held her in his arms not wanting to ever let her go.

‘’I will always want you.’’ She told him before she kissed him passionately.

They stayed in each others arms for quite sometime before Elliot said that he had to leave. Her heart was breaking as she saw him grab his suitcase and walking out of the front door, she was about to tell him not to go, but she did need some time to think without him around her. She had to picture what she wanted her future to be like, now that she knew what he had been mixed up in.

When he was out of sight she let out a sob and slid down the door crying until she heard the door bell ringing. Thinking it was Elliot, she quickly opened the door but was disappointed when she saw Noah standing there.

‘’Good God Desiree what’s wrong?’’ He asked her. ‘’Is your dad okay?’’

‘’He’s fine, it’s just, I let Elliot go and I miss him already.’’ She told him as she tried to stop the tears from falling.

‘’Oh Desiree, what did he do to you? C’mon you can tell me all about what happened, you need to say what you are feeling or you will break, I know how you are.’’ He told her with the smile that he used just for her. She couldn’t help but miss the simpler times that she had had with Noah when they had dated, but what she had felt for him was nothing compared to Elliot.

‘’Hot chocolate and a Nicholas Sparks movie, with my sorrows as background music for old time sake?’’ She asked him with a small smile.

‘’I would love that.’’ He told her as he walked inside and gave her a tight hug.

‘’Thank you, Noah.’’

‘’I told you that I will always be here for you Desiree, whenever you need me.’’ Noah said as he grabbed her hand and lead her to the kitchen where they started to prepare their hot drink.

a/n: Hey guys I hoped you liked this chapter, I am enjoying writing this story so much and I can't believe the amount of support I'm receiving. I haven't thought about an ending yet so if you have any ideas comment and post your instagram names if you want so I can follow you:)

Thank you :) xx