27☕

❝Love like you are 81

Thankfully those eight hours didn’t take too long to pass, Elliot had watched two movies and then fell asleep with Desiree in his arms.

‘’Sir, we have landed in London.’’ An airhostess told Elliot as she gently nudged him to wake him up as all the passengers started to walk out of the airplane.

He woke up with a start and looked around him puzzled for a few seconds until he remembered where he was and the reason why he was there.

‘’Sir, we have landed in London, please wake her up and go pick up your suitcases from the airport.’’ The airhostess told him again with a bright smile.

‘’Thank you.’’ Elliot told her with a polite smile as he turned to look at Desiree who was still sleeping with her head rested on his shoulder. ‘’Desiree, baby wake up we have landed.’’ He told her as he placed a kiss on her forehead. After a few more tries she woke up and they both made their way out of the airplane hand in hand to pick up their luggage.

‘’Elliot, do you have any idea where we are going to stay?’’ Desiree asked him after they had picked up their luggage and walked out of the airport together.

‘’Desiree, you don’t have to worry about anything, I got this.’’ Elliot told her as he placed a sweet kiss on her lips and hailed a cab. ‘’To The Millenium Hotel in Mayfair, please.’’ Elliot told the driver as soon as they got in the car and the driver immediately soon sped off.

Desiree pulled out her phone from her bag and switched it on, to see that she had ten missed calls and five text messages from her mother and father. She opened them one by one to see that they all contained the same three words, where are you? As she read the same message over and over again she started to feel a little guilty and wonder if she had took things to far.

‘’What’s wrong, Desiree?’’ Elliot asked her as she saw her frown down at her phone.

‘’Do you think that we did the right thing, running away from our home to another country without even telling our parents where we were going?’’ She asked him as she looked down at her hands.

‘’Desiree, I think you had done the perfect thing, I can see it in your eyes that you have wanted to do this for a long time, you were just too scared. I can tell that there is something about your family that you haven’t told me about which bothers you, and I’m not going to make you tell me if you don’t want to, but you know that you can tell me everything. I won’t judge.’’ He told her as he took her hand in his and kissed her knuckles one by one.

‘’It’s just so hard to talk about it, know one knows about it, not even Alice or Mia.’’ She told him close to tears.

‘’Honey, it’s okay you don’t have to talk about it if you don’t want to. We are in London now, we can both have a new start in life, start fresh, leave the past behind us.’’ He told her with a grin on his face.