37☕

Every breath you take and every move you make
Every bond you break, every step you take, I'll be watching you

The morning after his mother’s wedding Elliot went back to the hotel where he worked as a waiter since they had accepted him back after they had went to Chicago for a few weeks.

Desiree was alone from seven in the morning till seven in the evening so she decided to clean the house and go grocery shopping to fill the time that she wasn’t with him.

She quickly located the local grocery shop, which wasn’t really big like the one back in her home town, but still had everything that she needed to buy.

Desiree got out her shopping list from her back pocket of her jeans and started to walk up and down the aisles. In one of the aisles she met a woman who didn’t live very far away from them and had some small talk with her, other than that all the customers were strangers to her. Sometimes life in England did get a little lonely without Noah, Mia and her whole family by her side, but she had started to slowly get used to it.

After she payed for all of her items, she walked out of the shop with two plastic bags in her hand. The house was only a ten minute walk from there, so she plucked in her headphones and turned the volume to the maximum.

When she turned the corner of the street she felt a hand on her shoulder and immediately dropped the plastic bags to the floor and turned around to see who was behind there.

‘’Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you miss. I called you to tell you that you dropped your purse but you didn’t hear me. I’m Reed.’’ The man who stood behind her with her red purse in hand was the kind of person that people avoided eye contact with and crossed the road to avoid him, with his shaved head, tattooed arms and a dark scar down the side of his left cheek.

‘’Um, thank you sir, I appreciate it.’’ She told him with a polite smile as she turned to leave without making it too obvious that he intimidated her.

‘’Not so fast miss, are you new here?’’ He asked her as he turned her around to face him.

‘’No, not really I moved here a few months ago. It was nice to meet you Reed and thank for the purse once again, but I really have to go now.’’ Desiree said.

‘’I’ve never seen you before. That’s fine, but don’t leave without giving me your name.’’ He told her with a smirk.

‘’I’m Desiree, goodbye.’’ She told him as she bent over to pick up the plastic bags from the ground.

‘’I can see why you are called that.’’ He said under his breath as Desiree walked away.

As she started walking, from the corner of her eye she saw two dark figures walking behind her. Her encounter with Reed had shook her up, there was something about him that made her feel uneasy, and now the two men behind her didn’t do anything to make her feel better.

 She rushed her footsteps in order to arrive home as quick as possible, but to her dismay she noticed that they had quickened their pace too. She was now sure that she was being followed, so when their house was in sight she sprinted towards it and locked the gate behind her.

Desiree sat on the floor to catch her breath while the two men cursed out loud together. She was sure that Reed had something to do with that, but she didn’t know for which reason they had followed her.

She walked up the pathway to the house where she grabber the house phone and dialed Elliot, who picked up after the fifth ring.

‘’Desiree is everything okay? I told you not to call me while I’m working because of my new boss.’’ He told her as soon as he picked up. ‘’Wait, are you crying?’’ Elliot asked when he heard her sobbing.

‘’Elliot, there w-was this g-guy Reed and t-then two guys f-followed me and and-‘’ She sobbed as she cover her face with her hands.

‘’Shit! Desiree I’m coming home right now, don’t  get out of the house and make sure that the gate and all the doors are locked.’’ Elliot told her as he hung up.

Desiree went upstairs to fill the bathtub with hot water and stay in it so maybe the lavender scented bubble bomb would calm her down and stop her from shaking violently.

She discarded her clothes on the floor and welcomed the burn of the hot water on her skin. She lied down in the bathtub and closed her eyes while she exhaled and inhaled.

’’Fuck! Desiree, wake up wake up right now! Damn it!’’ Elliot yelled as he lifted Desiree’s cold body from the bathtub.

When he had arrived home, two hours after her phone call, he was surprised to see that Desiree wasn’t there to greet him with a kiss as soon as he walked in. He had the shock of his life when he found his girlfriend lying in the bathtub with her eyes closed and her body ice cold, after he had searched in every room for her.

‘’Desiree, please wake up right now!’’ He kept yelling as he covered her body with a towel and placed her on the bathroom floor as he tried to find her pulse. After a few frantic seconds her found it and let out a breath of relief.

Elliott tried everything to wake up, from sprinkling cold water on her face to shouting and turning on loud music, but she remained in the same position.

‘’If something happens to you because of that bastard I swear that I will never forgive myself.’’ He sobbed as he kissed her forehead and rested his head on top of hers.

‘’Elliot, why are you crying?’’ She asked him as she fluttered her eyes open and yawned.

‘’Thank God you’re awake! Fuck don’t you ever scare me again like that, baby girl!’’ Elliot told her as he hugged her tight to his body.

‘’I’m sorry, honey.’’ She told him as she kissed him on the lips.

‘’There’s nothing to be sorry for, what matters is that you are safe now. Now c’mon go and get dressed in something warm while I prepare some dinner and then you can tell me all about what happened this after noon.’’

‘’You’re the best boyfriend ever, love you. Oh and don't forget my tea!’’ Desiree said before kissing him again and walking out of the room with the towel wrapped around her petit body.

‘’I swear this girl is going to give me a heart attack one day.’’ He mumbled under his breath as he cleaned up the bathtub and then went to prepare some quick dinner. Elliot perfectly sure which Reed she had encountered and who his two dogs were, but he just had to make sure that he wasn’t wrong, although he knew in his gut that he wasn’t since he should have saw it coming.

a/n: 2nd update in of the week! Don't forget to vote and comment since they make my day :)